- Essentials & Benefits
- Student Records
- Research Degrees
- Student Centre
- IOE Students
Please read this important update.
UCL Student Welfare Week – 02-05 March 2015
Stressed about exams? Worried you’re not eating right? Losing sleep over your future career? UCL Student Welfare Week 2015 aims to help address many of these issues, and more.
Student and Registry Services
|Maps and Transport links|
Financial Assistance Fund (FAF)
What is it - The UCL Financial Assistance Fund (UCL-FAF) provides discretionary financial assistance for students who find themselves in financial difficulty. The fund comes from donations made by UCL alumni, friends and staff.
UCL-FAF is intended to act as a safety-net for those in financial difficulty and therefore cannot be considered a main, major nor statutory source of funding.
Who can apply – Students who may be considering leaving UCL because of financial problems are particularly encouraged to apply.
· Full-time or part-time students;
· Home(UK), EU or International students;
· Only currently registered UCL students;
· You must have paid (or be able to pay) your tuition fees in full;
· You can be at any level of study (Undergraduate, Taught Masters or Research);
· You can be on a Placement or on Study Abroad;
· University Preparatory Certificate in the Language Centre students are eligible;
· CRS may occasionally be considered, but on a discretionary basis
When – UCL-FAF applications can be accepted from 22 September 2014 subject to the following constraints:
· If you are an undergraduate Home (UK) student, you must have applied for your maximum student loan entitlement and have received your first instalment before submitting an application;
· If you have just started your programme at UCL, you must have completed a minimum of one term of your current programme before you apply: this applies to all Undergraduates, Taught Masters and Research students. You will be eligible to apply from the start of your second term;
· Continuing students (Year 2 onwards) may apply from the start of the academic year;
· Applications will be accepted throughout the academic year.
· It may be necessary for you to attend an interview, If this is required, the interview will be conducted by the Head of Student Funding and/or the Student Funding Manager;
· Awards are made in a single payment by GBP cheque only;
· Unsuccessful applications cannot be appealed;
· Awards are made towards maintenance costs only;
· The SFO considers your application and data to be confidential.
· We are happy to answer your queries, please see email link above.
Page last modified on 08 dec 14 15:58