CPS Events Publications
- Exoplanet Journal Club
- Starship Symposium London at RAS
- Bioalteration of basaltic glasses/The NASA OSIRIS-REx mission
- Mercury after three-and-a-half years of MESSENGER's orbital mission
- Ancient glaciers on Mars? / Titan's topography
- APEX: Astronomy from the Moon
- LIVE: Rosetta Comet Landing TODAY
- APEX today: Lunar landing sites and non-terrestrial artefacts in the Solar System
- APEX: ET construction with 3D printers
- Final APEX this term: Dr Sidiropoulos reports on data mining planetary science image archives
- APEX today: Evidence for the earliest life on Earth
- How common are alien civilisations in our Galaxy? Come and find out at APEX, back this Thursday!
- Twinkle Community Workshop
- APEX this Thursday: How hot is the Moon's surface?
- APEX double-bill this week: life on Titan and Apollo 17 site crater study
- APEX double-bill: Generating line lists for exoplanet atmosphere studies / Gas stations in space
- ASB6 at UCL in September - Final few weeks for registration and programme online
- APEX this Thursday: The impact of impacts
- APEX this week: Lunar resources
- Inaugural Professor Lecture: Giovanna Tinetti
- This week at APEX: Exoplanet Missions Plato2 and Twinkle
- APEX this week is a 'rock' special: Martian regolith and lunar breccias
- Spectroscopy of Exoplanets Conference, 24-26 July 2015
- An Evening with the Planets!
- CPS Summer Meeting 2015
- ASB6 - A Public Talk by Professor Lynn Rothschild: The Search for Life in the Universe
- APEX double-bill: Iron silicides in meteorites & the provenance of materials in the solar nebula
- APEX double-bill: Prebiotic chemistry in S-S precursors and Robotic traverses for a Lunar farside sample-return mission
- APEX - Dr Adrian Jones: Impact processing of planetary crusts
- APEX: Dr Ashley King (NHM) - Preparing for asteroid sample return
- APEX this week: Indhu Varatharajan on Young lunar basalts
- Looking for Life on Mars - Prof. Andrew Coates at UCL's Lunch Hour Lecture
- APEX: Maggie Lieu - Can humans really relocate to Mars?
- APEX double bill: Potential lunar south pole landing sites / Inverted valleys in Arabia Terra, Mars
- APEX: Tue 8 Dec 2015 - CANCELLED
- Brave New Worlds: Understanding the planets of other stars
- Cometary science after Rosetta
- RAS Specialist Discussion Meeting: Extraterrestrial resources in facilitating space science and exploration
- APEX resumes Tue 26 Jan with a double-bill on unusual clasts found in meteorites
- Astrophysics seminar: Caroline Terquem on the dynamics of extrasolar planets on inclined orbits
- Special seminar: Prof. Raymond Pierrehumbert on climate change and exoplanets
- APEX this week: Moon and Mars
- APEX this week: Apollo artefacts and the story they have to tell
- APEX this week: The likelihood of extraterrestrial intelligence in light of the hominin fossil record
- APEX on Tuesday: Measuring the size of Earth's early biosphere
- APEX double bill: The search for life on Mars and Resource mining & ownership in space
- APEX double bill: Life and salts on Mars
- Final APEX this term: Cosmic dust by Dr Wozniakiewicz (Kent/NHM)
- Free CPS outreach evening: An Evening with the Planets 2016!
Starship Symposium London at RAS
Publication date: Oct 15, 2013 03:57 PM
Oct 21, 2013 10:00 AM
End: Oct 21, 2013 05:00 PM
Location: Royal Astronomical Society, Piccadilly, London
CPS members with an interest in the very long-term future of space exploration may be interested in the Starship Symposium London event being held at the Royal Astronomical Society on Monday 21 October.
The London event is headlined by the Astronomer Royal, Lord Martin Rees, as well as featuring talks and panels by James and Gregory Benford, Stephen Baxter and, CPS member, Ian Crawford of Birkbeck College.
Page last modified on 15 oct 13 15:45 by Joanna Fabbri