- Future Leaders Award from Women in the City - Dr Deborah Gill
- Consultant of the Year Award winners 2014
- UCL, Novo Nordisk and the Steno Diabetes Center partner to take action against urban diabetes
- UCL Consultants help Nike promote new Nike+ FuelBand
- Raising the 'Standard' - UCL Consultants and CASA
- Flarre Consortium Presents: A Focus on Fibrosis
- UCL, Novo Nordisk and the Steno Diabetes Center partner take action against urban diabetes
- Ricardo-AEA and UCL to propose 2030 renewable energy targets for Scotland
- Vice Provost for London
- Constructive Criticism - the Department of English and Pearson Edexcel
- UCL shortlisted for the THE Entrepreneurial University of the Year Award
- UCL Medical School & Ningbo Delegation
- Academy of Pharmaceutical Sciences Award winner 2014
- International Maritime Organisation Study
- Vice-Provost's View: From local to global – UCL and London
- UCL-Lancet Commission argues that “health is as much about caring as it is about curing"
UCL Consultants Ltd
The Network Building
97 Tottenham Court Road
London W1T 4TP
Tel: +44 (0)207 679 9796
Published: Jul 22, 2014 10:27:11 AM
Published: Jun 5, 2014 2:25:24 PM
Published: May 2, 2014 4:08:25 PM
Published: May 2, 2014 4:08:25 PM
Vice Provost for London
5 August 2014
UCL appoints new Vice-Provost for London
UCL has appointed Professor Stephen Caddick to a new position to include responsibilities for London. As Vice Provost (Enterprise and London), Professor Caddick will continue his current responsibilities for enterprise and also lead the development of strategy for London as part of UCL 2034.
Professor Caddick, who is currently Vice-Provost (Enterprise) and Vernon Professor of Organic Chemistry and Chemical Biology at UCL, will take on the new role from today.
He will be responsible for raising the university’s profile within London and developing a wide network of research, cultural and business relationships with external partners from across academia, public and private sectors and charitable organisations. It is expected that such an initiative will help promote inward investment to London and help the city continue to compete internationally in the fields of research, education, innovation and public engagement.
The aim of the new appointment is to ensure UCL contributes to making London the best location in the world for higher education, for research and for innovation, for the benefit of London and the UK.
Commenting on his new appointment, Professor Stephen Caddick, said:
“It is a privilege to be asked to take up this new role. The success of UCL and London are inextricably linked and now is the right time for us to recast our relationship with London. We need to do more to raise our profile in London, to collaborate more extensively and to ensure that London remains one of the great global capital cities.”
Professor Michael Arthur, President and Provost of UCL said:
“The relationship between the UCL community and London has always been strong and is one of the reasons for our success. As part of the implementation of UCL 2034 I thought it was necessary to make the link even stronger and I am grateful to Steve for agreeing to take on this new responsibility.”
Boris Johnson, Mayor of London, added:
“UCL is one of several great universities in London and I am delighted that they have recognised the importance of their relationship with the capital’s communities. I know from Steve Caddick's work on the London Enterprise Panel and on our plans for a new higher education and cultural district on Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, that he is ideally placed for this role and look forward to working with him for the benefit of London.”