- Tianjin and Shanghai join Cities Changing Diabetes on World Diabetes Day
- Future Leaders Award from Women in the City - Dr Deborah Gill
- Consultant of the Year Award winners 2014
- UCL, Novo Nordisk and the Steno Diabetes Center partner to take action against urban diabetes
- UCL Consultants help Nike promote new Nike+ FuelBand
- Raising the 'Standard' - UCL Consultants and CASA
- Flarre Consortium Presents: A Focus on Fibrosis
- UCL, Novo Nordisk and the Steno Diabetes Center partner take action against urban diabetes
- Ricardo-AEA and UCL to propose 2030 renewable energy targets for Scotland
- Vice Provost for London
- Constructive Criticism - the Department of English and Pearson Edexcel
- UCL shortlisted for the THE Entrepreneurial University of the Year Award
- UCL Medical School & Ningbo Delegation
- Academy of Pharmaceutical Sciences Award winner 2014
- International Maritime Organisation Study
- Vice-Provost's View: From local to global – UCL and London
- UCL-Lancet Commission argues that “health is as much about caring as it is about curing"
- UCL announces second campus – UCL East on Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
- UCL rated top UK university by research strength in the REF2014
- Professor Paul Ekins is Awarded OBE
- By 2050 no one under 80 will be dying from cancer, study says UCL Cancer Study
- UCL Founding Member of Alan Turing Institute for Data Science
- New technique doubles the distance of optical fibre communications
- Philanthropy month at UCL
- Professor Stephen Caddick appointed to Executive Board of the Wellcome Trust
- UCL teaming up for a cleaner Europe
- Men donate competitively on women’s fundraising webpages
- MedCity - driving industry and innovation
- Cutting shipping sector's CO2 Omissions
- UCL Energy Institute’s shipping group recognised for their applied research work with the maritime industry & launch UMAS, a new vehicle to work further with shipping stakeholders
- UCL Consultant of the Year Award 2015
- UCL wins DECC contracts for provision of energy expertise
UCL Consultants Ltd
The Network Building
97 Tottenham Court Road
London W1T 4TP
Tel: +44 (0)207 679 9796
Published: Jun 3, 2015 3:51:24 PM
Published: Apr 15, 2015 11:39:29 AM
Published: Feb 27, 2015 9:06:44 AM
Published: Jul 22, 2014 10:27:11 AM
UCL Consultants help Nike promote new Nike+ FuelBand
11 November 2013
UCL researchers worked with Nike to produce a ‘walkable London tube map’ as part of Nike’s promotion for their FuelBand personal movement tracker.
Nike+ FuelBand uses smart sensors and complex algorithms to track movement. It rewards people with a NikeFuel score, that reflects how much they have moved. The technology aims to encourage people to exercise more, and recruit more ‘Fuel Bandits’.
With the help of UCL Consultants, Nike has now produced a new take on the London Tube map, charting how much NikeFuel you would earn if you decided to walk between stations (Zone 1 only) rather than get shunted around the Underground.
UCL 'Urbanist', researcher and keen walker John Bingham-Hall, walked the routes - adding scenic diversions here and there - and clocked up the NikeFuel points.
UCL Consultants Ltd then provided the services of Dr James Cheshire and Oliver O’Brien at the Centre for Advanced Spatial Analysis who converted the data into cartography to create a base map of central London to be used as part of the Nike FuelBand promotion.
The results were then handed to designer and 'visualiser' David Luepschen to turn into a graphically pleasing map.
View the map online - on the NIKE, Inc website
A pocket-sized version of the map is also available in key London Nike stores.
Article about the Nike Fuel Map - on the spatial.ly blog
If you want to find out how we were involved in this work, and how we can help you, contact Ingrid Khedun:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: +44 (0)20 7679 9796