- Tianjin and Shanghai join Cities Changing Diabetes on World Diabetes Day
- Future Leaders Award from Women in the City - Dr Deborah Gill
- Consultant of the Year Award winners 2014
- UCL, Novo Nordisk and the Steno Diabetes Center partner to take action against urban diabetes
- UCL Consultants help Nike promote new Nike+ FuelBand
- Raising the 'Standard' - UCL Consultants and CASA
- Flarre Consortium Presents: A Focus on Fibrosis
- UCL, Novo Nordisk and the Steno Diabetes Center partner take action against urban diabetes
- Ricardo-AEA and UCL to propose 2030 renewable energy targets for Scotland
- Vice Provost for London
- Constructive Criticism - the Department of English and Pearson Edexcel
- UCL shortlisted for the THE Entrepreneurial University of the Year Award
- UCL Medical School & Ningbo Delegation
- Academy of Pharmaceutical Sciences Award winner 2014
- International Maritime Organisation Study
- Vice-Provost's View: From local to global – UCL and London
- UCL-Lancet Commission argues that “health is as much about caring as it is about curing"
- UCL announces second campus – UCL East on Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
- UCL rated top UK university by research strength in the REF2014
- Professor Paul Ekins is Awarded OBE
- By 2050 no one under 80 will be dying from cancer, study says UCL Cancer Study
- UCL Founding Member of Alan Turing Institute for Data Science
- New technique doubles the distance of optical fibre communications
- Philanthropy month at UCL
- Professor Stephen Caddick appointed to Executive Board of the Wellcome Trust
- UCL teaming up for a cleaner Europe
- Men donate competitively on women’s fundraising webpages
- MedCity - driving industry and innovation
- Cutting shipping sector's CO2 Omissions
- UCL Energy Institute’s shipping group recognised for their applied research work with the maritime industry & launch UMAS, a new vehicle to work further with shipping stakeholders
- UCL Consultant of the Year Award 2015
- UCL wins DECC contracts for provision of energy expertise
- Mapping the People of Scotland
- UCL appoints new Vice-Provost for Enterprise
- The Bartlett & UCL Engineering expand premises to Here East, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in 2016
UCL Consultants Ltd
The Network Building
97 Tottenham Court Road
London W1T 4TP
Tel: +44 (0)207 679 9796
Published: Aug 13, 2015 9:51:27 AM
Published: Jun 3, 2015 3:51:24 PM
Published: Apr 15, 2015 11:39:29 AM
Published: Feb 27, 2015 9:06:44 AM
Ricardo-AEA and UCL to propose 2030 renewable energy targets for Scotland
25 June 2014
Ricardo-AEA and University College London have been appointed by WWF Scotland to propose possible 2030 renewable energy targets for Scotland.
The project will include an assessment of Scotland’s current renewable energy provision and its existing aspirations, together with its corresponding emissions targets.
Ricardo-AEA and UCL, through its Energy Institute and UCL Consultants, will utilise the UK Markal model for the project.
It is a multi-time period linear optimisation model developed by UCL Energy Institute and Ricardo-AEA that portrays the entire UK energy system from imports and domestic production resources through to energy service demands.
It will be used to develop renewable energy scenarios covering heat, electricity and transport in 2030.
Ricardo-AEA renewables knowledge leader Colin McNaught said: “Scotland has already made great strides towards its renewables target for electricity and is rich in renewable energy potential.
“Our project will focus on the increasing importance of renewable energy for the heat and transport sectors.”
Scotland is already committed to meet 30% of the country’s total energy consumption from renewable sources by 2020 and has also set out an ambition to secure 100% of its electricity demand from renewable energy by 2020.
Scotland already has a 30% target for renewables by 2020 (reNews)