'Touching the Untouchable' Workshop 2 - 22-23 September 2009
30 July 2009
Posted on behalf of Adam Wainwright:
There are some places available at the second 'Touching the Untouchable' AHRC-EPSRC Science-Heritage Cluster workshop which will take place in Edinburgh on 22-23 September.
Guided tour of the National Museum of Scotland (optional - times to be confirmed)
Registration and lunch (12-2pm)
Demonstrations of haptic technologies, including Ian's working demo (2-4pm)
Large Group Discussion: Outline the agenda, come up with viable, fundable themes (4-6pm)
Dinner (7pm onwards)
Coffee and further demonstrations (9-10am)
Small Group Discussion sessions based on previous day's discussion (10-12am)
Collective discussion and planning meeting: what next for 'Touching the Untouchable'? (12am-1pm)
Informal discussion and networking (optional - 2-3pm)
This would also be an opportune moment to mention the website for this Cluster (http://www.exeter.ac.uk/scienceheritage), which has an increasing number of papers and resources based on the first workshop, and which now has a discussion board for those who wish to continue our conversations online.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Mark, Linda, Ian and Adam.
Dr Adam Wainwright
Administrative assistant, 'Touching the Untouchable' research cluster
Department of Archaeology
Laver Building, North Park Road, Exeter
- Workshop 3 Report Online
- Conference Booking Reminder - What's the Damage? 23 September 2009
- Booking now open. CHArt conference 12-13 November 2009
- Booking now open for 'What's the Damage?' (23 September 2009) the conference for Cultural Encounters and Explorations: Conservation’s ‘Catch-22’
- 'Touching the Untouchable' Workshop 2 - 22-23 September 2009
- UCL Museums and Collections workshop: 'Life cycle of a digital object. Hands-on experience from laser scanning to visualisation and 3D printing'. 3-4 September 2009.
- View all articles...