Welcome to the UCL Imaging Facility website. The main Imaging
comprises a suite of confocal, 2-photon, wide-field time-lapse upright
and inverted microscopes. These systems will cover most imaging
requirements for cells and tissues, including multi-photon, FRET,
FRAP and harmonic imaging. Environmental chambers are now
available on seven microscopes, making it possible to perform
experiments over long time courses. We also offer support
for image analysis, deconvolution, 3D reconstruction, Adobe
Illustrator and Photoshop.
The Medical Sciences Building is home to a second confocal
imaging facility. This houses four Zeiss confocal microscopes
which include three inverted 510 META systems, one equipped
with a UV laser, and a further upright multiphoton/vis Zeiss 510
META equipped with a FLIM module.
* Two Leica SP8 microscopes: the SP8vis, and the MP_opo which
has multi-photon capabilities. Both have Field of View scanners
(FOV), which allow a 22mm field of view at normal scan rates. They
also have resonant scanners for 8KHZ imaging: 30 frames per second
at 512 x 512 pixel size.
* FRET, photo-activation of advanced fluorescent proteins
and FLIP. FLIM is now available on one of the multi-photon confocals.
* Zeiss AxioScan Z1 slide scanner.
* Two ImageXpress Micro XL Widefield High Content Screening Systems from Molecular Devices.
* Four terabyte central file server: access your data from any
site within UCL
Charges (per hour unless stated otherwise):
* Confocal microscopes £20 (Biosciences), £28 (Non-Biosciences)
Back to top
*Overnight: £10 (must be a minimum of eight hours' usage)
* Wide-field fluorescence/bright-field with environmental chamber time-lapse:
£10 per half day.
* ImageXpress £9 (09:00 - 18:00). Overnight: £7.
* Zeiss AxioScan: £1 per bright field slide, £2.50 per fluorescent slide.