Welcome to the UCL Imaging Facility website. The main Imaging Facility comprises a suite of confocal, 2-photon, wide-field time-lapse upright and inverted microscopes. These systems will cover most imaging requirements for cells and tissues, including multi-photon, FRET, FRAP and harmonic imaging. Environmental chambers are now available on seven microscopes, making it possible to perform experiments over long time courses. We also offer support with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
The Medical Sciences Building is home to a second confocal imaging facility. This houses four Zeiss confocal microscopes which include three inverted 510 META systems, one equipped with a UV laser, and a further upright multiphoton/vis Zeiss 510 META equipped with a FLIM module.
The Rockefeller site has the following facilities:
* Two Leica SP8 microscopes: the SP8vis, and the MP_opo which has multi-photon capabilities. Both have Field of View scanners (FOV), which allow a 22mm field of view at normal scan rates. They also have resonant scanners for 8KHZ imaging: 30 frames per second at 512 x 512 pixel size.
* FRET, photo-activation of advanced fluorescent proteins and FLIP
* FLIM is now available on one of the multi-photon confocals
* Addition of three simple, single-channel, multi-laser confocals
* Four terabyte central file server: access your data from any site within UCL
Charges (per hour):
* Confocal microscopes: £20 (Biosciences), £28 (Non-Biosciences)