- About Us
- Apply to CoMPLEX
- For Students
- Students & Alumni
MRes Student publishes on Current Biology
- MRes student Nils Gustafsson has contributed to a microtubule publication in prestigious journal Current Biology
CoMPLEX PhD student publishes on Science
CoMPLEX is UCL's lead organisation for supporting
research at the life sciences interface. CoMPLEX has promoted many new
collaborations between scientist drawn from mathematical, physical,
engineering and computational disciplines with members of the large
biomedical and life science community at UCL. In addition, CoMPLEX's
well established interdisciplinary PhD programme is training a
new generation of high quality researchers to work at the life
Topics for PhD and further research projects supported by CoMPLEX include:
- Mathematical modelling of molecular evolution, evolutionary genomics, gene and metabolic networks, cancer biology and immunology.
- Bio and neuro informatics.
- Biophysics of vascular fluid mechanics, hearing and ion channels.
- Imaging, optical and scanning probe approaches to nanoscale bioscience.
- Mathematical and Physical Science approaches to cardiovascular biomedicine.
Please click on the links below to find more information about:
- Research by current students and alumni
- Research & Travel Placements
- Research Publications
- Research Fellows
- Research supported by PhD Plus Awards
Scientists in either the mathematical/physical/engineering/computational or biomedicine/life science communities who want to get involved in CoMPLEX, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
CoMPLEX collaborates with a number of initiatives across UCL, London, and beyond. Some of these projects include:
- The UCL Centre for Biodiversity and Environment Research (CBER)
- The UCL Centre for Nature Inspired Engineering (CNIE)
- The UCL Centre for Inverse Problems
- The Technology for Nature initiative
- The Francis Crick Institute
- The London Centre for Nanotechnology (LCN)
- Sainsbury Wellcome Centre for Neural Circuits and Behaviour
CoMPLEX supports the research of over 100 scientists from 29 Departments and Institutes across UCL. We also have many links to Universities and Institutes in the London area and beyond. We're always looking for new collaborations and encourage your participation. For CoMPLEX announcements, news and details of seminars, join our mailing list. If you're interested in getting involved in our PhD programme or have queries concerning research collaboration, please contact the office or a member of the CoMPLEX Management Committee.
Page last modified on 19 jul 13 14:25