Conferences, courses and workshops
2018 British Myology Society Annual Meeting, and the British Myology Society Adult Muscle Teaching Day
Queen Square Advances in Mitochondrial Medicine 2018
Thursday 5th July 9.30am – 5pm
Lecture Theatre, Lower Ground 33 Queen Square, London WC1N
This one day course
is designed for adult and paediatric consultant and trainee clinicians and
clinical scientists with an interest in mitochondrial diseases. An update on
the recent developments in diagnostics for paediatric and adult mitochondrial
diseases will be provided, with an emphasis on clinical cases, management and
Click here to view the programme.
Click here to view the flyer.
Free registration, contact email@example.com
Update in Neuromuscular Disorders
Tuesday 22nd - Friday 25th May 2018
At the Clinical Neuroscience Lecture Theatre, Lower Ground 33 Queen Square, London WC1N 3BG
This 4 day course is designed for specialists with an interest in neuromuscular disease; the first two days concentrating on paediatric neuromuscular disorders and the latter two days on adult neuromuscular disorders.
Professor Francesco Muntoni and Dr Adnan Manzur, UCL Institute of Child Health and Great Ormond Street Hospital, Professor Mary Reilly and Professor Michael Hanna MRC Centre for Neuromuscular Diseases, UCL Institute of Neurology and UCLH Hospitals Foundation Trust.
SAMPLE COURSE CONTENT
- What’s new in Duchenne muscular dystrophy?
- Natural history and clinical trials in Duchenne MD
- The limb girdle muscular dystrophies
- Optimal assessment and management of respiratory and cardiac complications of neuromuscular diseases
- Cardiac involvement in neuromuscular disease
- Congenital myasthenic syndromes
- Congenital muscular dystrophies
- Congenital myopathies
- Spinal muscular atrophy: management, natural history and therapeutic trials
- Inherited muscle channelopathies, myotonic dystrophies
- Inflammatory demyelinating neuropathies CIDP/MMN
Click here to view the course flyer
Click here to view the course programme
Click here to view accommodation options close to Queen Square
To register your
interest please contact the course co-ordinator
Jacky Bauer firstname.lastname@example.org
0044 203 448 8111
RCP and RCPCH CPD approval will be applied for