Sample Tests

These sample tests give an approximate idea of the style and level of question you might be asked in your UPC entrance tests.

Click below to access online tests for UPCSE:  

Click below to access online sample tests for UPCH


A number of different types of accommodation are available to students, including UCL Halls, Student Houses, University of London Intercollegiate Halls of Residence and private accommodation. Further details are provided below.

A guide to min/max weekly rents (2013-14 academic session)
UCL Halls of Residence
(catered facilities)
UCL Student Houses
Single room:
£160-192 approx. per week
Single room:
£127 -199 approx. per week

UPC Students - offer holders should select their accommodation by 31st May!

For offer holders starting a full-time course in September, a room in UCL accommodation is guaranteed if the student has accepted their offer of a place on the course and submitted an accommodation application form before the application deadline of 31st May. Students who apply after this time are still likely be allocated a place in UCL accommodation, but may have to wait until shortly before or after the beginning of the course to find out in which residence they have a room. If you are applying after the 31 May, you may also want to consider alternative accommodation, more information about which will be sent in your offer pack.

John Tovey House
John Tovey House

UCL Halls

There are two student halls at UCL – Ifor Evans Hall and Ramsay Hall. These are catered residences, providing breakfast and dinner from Monday to Friday, excluding national holidays. There is also a small kitchen on each floor for student use. Students are responsible for cleaning their own rooms. Bed linen is not provided, but can be purchased. Hall fees cover residence from September to June, with the Christmas and Easter holidays included on a self-catering basis.

Student Houses

These are UCL residences in which students are responsible for providing and cooking their own food and cleaning their own rooms (and common areas if living in flats). Students can prepare their food in the shared kitchens, or meals may be bought from the various food outlets on the main UCL campus. Bed linen is not provided, but can be purchased. Students will need to provide their own kitchen utensils. Places are offered from September to June, including Christmas and Easter holidays. Fees range depending on room type and facilities available. Some residences contain en-suite rooms, which come with their own showers and toilets.

A typical room in Ramsay Hall
A typical room in Ramsay Hall

Intercollegiate Halls of Residence

Intercollegiate Halls of Residence are available to students attending any college of the University of London, including UCL. Accommodation is in twin or single rooms, normally sharing communal bathrooms. Breakfast and dinner are provided daily and lunch is available at weekends. These halls are not administered by UCL, but students preferring catered accommodation may include these halls in their preferences when completing their UCL application form.

A Room in Pankerd House
A Room in Pankerd House


Once we have confirmed a student is suitable for a full-time course at the Centre for Languages & International Education, we will send out a formal offer pack, including the appropriate application form for UCL accommodation. This should be completed and returned to the EAP Office at the Centre for Languages & International Education.

Page last modified on 18 sep 13 12:21 by Martin L White