English for Academic Purposes
Eap Application Form
EAP Application Form

2014 EAP brochures


Full-Time EAP Brochure

Pdf 简体中文
Pdf 繁體中文
Pdf العربية
Pdf 日本語
Pdf 한국어
Pdf Русский
Pdf Türkçe
Pdf Espanol
Pdf کوردی

All English Language Courses have been accredited and are regularly inspected by the British Council.

British Council 2011

UCL student accommodation

A number of different types of accommodation are available to UCL EAP students, including UCL Halls, Student Houses, University of London Intercollegiate Halls of Residence, and private accommodation. Further details are provided below.

Single room costs per week (2013-14 academic session)

UCL Halls of Residence
(catered facilities)
UCL Student Houses
Single room:
£186-£203 per week (approx)
Single room:
£132-£168 per week (approx)

Student Halls

There are two student halls at UCL – Ifor Evans Hall and Ramsay Hall. These are catered residences, providing breakfast and dinner from Monday to Friday, excluding national holidays. There is also a small kitchen on each floor for student use. Students are responsible for cleaning their own rooms. Bed linen is not provided, but can be purchased. Hall fees cover residence from September to June, with the Christmas and Easter holidays included on a self-catering basis.

A room in Pankerd House
A room in Pankerd House

Student Houses

These are UCL residences in which students are responsible for providing and cooking their own food and cleaning their own rooms (and common areas if living in flats). Students can prepare their food in the shared kitchens, or meals may be bought from the various food outlets on the main UCL campus. Bed linen is not provided, but can be purchased. Students will need to provide their own kitchen utensils. Places are offered from September to June, including Christmas and Easter holidays. Fees range from approximately £100 to £211 per week depending on room type and facilities available. Some residences contain en-suite rooms, which come with their own showers and toilets.

Intercollegiate Halls of Residence

John Tovey House
John Tovey House

These halls are available to students attending any college of the University of London, including UCL. Accommodation is in twin or single rooms, normally sharing communal bathrooms. Breakfast and dinner are provided daily and lunch is available at weekends. These halls are not administered by UCL, but students preferring catered accommodation may include these halls in their preferences when completing their UCL application form.

Further details on University of London halls are available at the following site: http://www.london.ac.uk/halls.html


Once we have confirmed a student is suitable for a full-time EAP course at the UCL Centre for Languages & International Education (UCL CLIE), we will send out a formal offer pack, including the appropriate application form for UCL accommodation. This should be completed and returned to the EAP Office at the UCL CLIE.

Diploma in EAP

For students who have applied to start a full-time course in September, a room in UCL accommodation is guaranteed if the student has accepted their offer of a place on the course AND submitted an accommodation application form before the application deadline of 31st May. Students who apply after this time are still likely be allocated a place in UCL accommodation, but may have to wait until shortly after the beginning of the course to find out in which residence they have a room. If you are applying after the 31 May, you may also want to consider alternative accommodation, more information about which will be sent in your offer pack.

Diploma students starting their course in January are advised to apply for accommodation at the same time as they accept their offer on the course. There is no formal deadline for applications for accommodation from January to June.

Pre-sessional Courses

Students applying for Pre-sessional courses will be sent the Summer Residence application form that covers the period June to September. This form is published in March each year and will list those UCL residences available over the summer. During this period, catered residences are normally offered only on a self-catering basis. Students on the Extended Pre-sessional Course applying for accommodation will also be sent the application form that covers the period April to June.

Further Information

A typical room in Ramsay Hall
A typical room in Ramsay Hall

Further information on UCL and alternative accommodation will be sent to you if you are offered a place on a full-time course at the UCL CLIE. You can also get more information on UCL accommodation on the UCL Residence Office website. Students wishing to obtain private lodgings or flats can also contact the University of London Accommodation Office.

Page last modified on 29 apr 14 10:29 by Anne Moore