· Live teaching practice – you will have the opportunity to prepare and deliver one one-hour lesson per week for learners of EAP within UCL.
· Observation and feedback – the lessons you teach will be observed by an experienced teacher trainer/EAP Co-ordinator who will provide developmental feedback on your teaching.
· Four hours of observation of EAP classes delivered by experienced EAP tutors.
· Input seminars/workshops focussed on an EAP context in terms of:
o Principles informing methodology and learner needs;
o Language systems;
o Language skills;
o Intercultural and cross-cultural issues;
o Syllabus design and development;
o Materials design and development;
o Disciplinary differences and critical thinking skills
o Learner independence and study skills/strategies;
o Approaches to addressing subject content;
o Testing and assessment;
o Continuing Professional Development.
· Access to EAP materials and the resources in the Cambridge ESOL Diploma in ELT library in the Language Centre Self-Access Centre.
Morning: 9.00 – 12.00
· EAP lesson observations
Afternoon: 14.00 – 16.00 (16.30 on two days per week)
· Seminars/workshops (materials development,
teaching practice preparation)
· Teaching practice (two afternoons 14.00 – 16.30)
Teaching practice reflection and discussion
The UCL Centre for Languages & International Education (CLIE) is situated on the corner of Bedford Way and Gordon Square. The closest underground stations are Russell Square, Euston, Euston Square, Goodge Street and Warren Street. Euston mainline station is nearby and King’s Cross and St Pancras mainline stations are also within walking distance.
Page last modified on 23 nov 12 14:48 by Isla Stewart
Sorry, this Silva Document is not viewable.