- Courses available
- Aims and objectives
- UCL modern foreign language requirement
- How to register
- Course structure
- Course codes
- Modern foreign language course units
- English for Academic Purposes course units
- TEFL course unit
- Marking Criteria (general)
- Mark/grade schemes
- Feedback - what you think of our course units
- Keeping in touch
- Dates - Teaching
- Dates - Assessment
- Course Content
- Language/culture activities
- Contact Us
- Staff Area
Click to download:
Course Units Registration Form - MFL (UCL students)
Course Units Registration Form - EAP (UCL students)
Course Units Registration Form - Intercollegiate students (including UCL Registry Form)
UCL modern foreign language requirement
If you need to take a modern foreign language course in order to meet UCL’s Modern Foreign Language requirement then you must take one of the following three options during your first year at UCL:
- A 0.5 course unit in a modern foreign language as part of your programme diet.
- A 0 credit course unit in a modern foreign language (only if a credit bearing 0.5 course unit cannot be accommodated in your programme diet).
- An Evening Course in a modern foreign language taught by the CLIE over terms 1 and 2 (only if the schedule for a 0 credit course unit is incompatible with your programme timetable).
Students taking one of these options must complete the course.
0.5 course units: See Assessment.
0 credit course units: Students must complete the In-class Course Assessment and Project and are recommended to take the Oral Examination, but do not need to take the Reading and Writing Examination.
Page last modified on 20 aug 13 15:36 by Adam Salisbury
The UCL Centre
for Languages & International Education (CLIE) Course Unit website is for your personal and non-commercial use. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, software, products or services obtained from these pages.