- Courses available
- Aims and objectives
- UCL modern foreign language requirement
- How to register
- Course structure
- Course codes
- Modern foreign language course units
- English for Academic Purposes course units
- TEFL course unit
- Marking Criteria (general)
- Mark/grade schemes
- Feedback - what you think of our course units
- Keeping in touch
- Dates - Teaching
- Dates - Assessment
- Course Content
- Language/culture activities
- Contact Us
- Staff Area
Click to download:
Course Units Registration Form - MFL (UCL students)
Course Units Registration Form - EAP (UCL students)
Course Units Registration Form - Intercollegiate students (including UCL Registry Form)
To enrol on a CLIE course unit you must be a current undergraduate or graduate student at UCL or another college of the University of London, and have authorisation from your department to study this course as part of your degree programme.
All CLIE course units (0.5 and 1.0 course units/15 and 30 credits) run for the full academic year.
Modern foreign language course units
- We do not recommend studying two languages at syllabus A in the same year.
- We do not recommend studying Italian and Spanish concurrently unless your level in one of these languages is at least syllabus C.
- You cannot study your mother tongue.
- If your mother or father is a native speaker of the language you wish to study, or if you have recently lived in the country where the language is spoken for more than a year, please see the Course Units office before you register.
- We recommend at least 50% (Grade C) to register for the next level.
English for Academic Purposes course units
- For LCEN6001 or LCEN6801: you must be a non-native speaker of English.
- For LCEN6802: you must be a native speaker of English.
- You can only choose ONE of the three courses available.
TEFL course unit
The TEFL course unit is open to first, second, third and fourth year undergraduate students and there will be a maximum of 21 places offered.
Page last modified on 20 aug 13 15:19 by Adam Salisbury
The UCL Centre
for Languages & International Education (CLIE) Course Unit website is for your personal and non-commercial use. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, software, products or services obtained from these pages.