- Courses available
- Aims and objectives
- UCL modern foreign language requirement
- How to register
- Course structure
- Course codes
- Modern foreign language course units
- English for Academic Purposes course units
- TEFL course unit
- Marking Criteria (general)
- Mark/grade schemes
- Feedback - what you think of our course units
- Keeping in touch
- Dates - Teaching
- Dates - Assessment
- Course Content
- Language/culture activities
- Contact Us
- Staff Area
Modern foreign language course units
Arabic, Dutch, French,
German, Italian, Japanese, Mandarin and Spanish.
Seven levels from complete beginners (syllabus A) to
advanced (syllabus D) and post-A level (Business and Current Affairs;
Affairs and Culture (Social, Historical and Political); Professional
II; Academic Purposes II; Translation Skills). We also offer French for
Art Historians and Italian for Art Historians at intermediate level. Please note that Arabic and Mandarin are currently available at levels 1
to 5 (Business
and Current Affairs) and Dutch is available at levels 1 to 4,
Most levels are available as either a 1.0 unit or a 0.5 unit (30 or 15 credits). A 1.0 unit (30 credits) is more intensive and enables you to make faster progress and cover more material.
English for Academic Purposes course units
- English Language Skills for Academic Purposes – 0.5 course unit (15 credits).
- Academic Writing in English for Non-Native Speakers – 0.5 course unit (15 credits).
- Academic Writing in English for Native Speakers – 0.5 course unit.
TEFL course unit
- TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) [LCTE7900] – 1.0 course unit.
Page last modified on 22 sep 14 17:30
The UCL Centre
for Languages & International Education (CLIE) Course Unit website is for your personal and non-commercial use. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, software, products or services obtained from these pages.