Centre for Law, Economics and Society (CLES)
- About Us
- CLES News
- Research Initiatives
- Training and Courses
- CLES Research Paper Series
The CLES is currently planning the following events:
- Claims for Damages in Competition and IP Law. Legal Framework and Economic Principles for the Evaluation of Damages
15 & 22 May and 3 & 10 June 2013
CPD course: 4 x 2.5 hour lectures
- Evidence in Competition Law Proceedings: A Comparative Perspective
5 June 2013
- Theory and Practice of Regulatory Impact Assessments in Europe: A Comparative and Interdisciplinary Perspective
10 June 2013
- Innovation, Competition Law and IP Rights
12 & 13 June, 18 & 19 June
CPD course: 4 x 4.5 hour lectures
For more information, please go to the events pages.
For general enquiries, please contact:
+44 (0)20 7679 1407
a.schuele [at] ucl.ac.uk
For research project enquiries, please contact:
Dr Ioannis Lianos
+44 (0)20 7679 1028
i.lianos [at] ucl.ac.uk .
- Some Reflections on the Question of the Goals of EU Competition Law by Ioannis Lianos
For more working papers, please visit the CLES Research Paper Series section on this website.
Paolo is working on how competition law and consumer
protection are intertwined with respect to the so-called
"confusopoly", where a group of companies with similar products
intentionally confuse customers instead of competing on price. He is supervised
by Ioannis Lianos.
Paolo is Chief Economist at the BBC Trust, after spending 3 years at the Office of Fair Trading (the UK competition authority) as an economic adviser. Beforehand, he worked at Vodafone Group as a regulatory economist and in economic consultancies. He holds a post-graduate diploma in EU Competition Law from King's College. He has published on World Competition, Journal of Competition Law & Economics, the Antitrust Bulletin and Telecommunications Policy.
Page last modified on 03 oct 12 11:43