Law Econ Soc News
- Dr Lianos appointed Visiting Professor at the University of Chile's Faculty of Law
- Dr Lianos speaks to All Party Parliamentary Group at the House of Lords
- Regulating Trade in Services in the EU and WTO: Trust, Distrust and Economic Integration
- PhD candidate Florence Thépot awarded research fellowship
- PhD candidate Matt Strader attended the International Graduate Legal Research Conference
- PhD candidate Matt Strader attends course in Gerzensee in Switzerland
- Dr Lianos speaks at St Petersburg International Legal Forum
- Global Limits of Competition Law
- PhD candidate Deni Mantzari attends European Consortium for Political Research (ECPR) conference
- PhD candidate Deni Mantzari invited to participate in EU Judicial Training
- Sport and Competition Law
- The CLES co-organised conference in Chicago on Brands, Competition and the Law
- Professor William S. Comanor speaks on mergers and innovation in the pharmaceutical industry
- A panel of experts from the United States and Europe explore the law and economics of resale price maintenance
- Dr Ioannis Lianos speaks at the First "Open Innovations" Forum (Moscow)
- Dr Ioannis Lianos awarded the prestigious Philip Leverhulme prize 2012
A new events program is in development, please check back at a later date.
For more information and to view past events, please go to the events pages.
For general enquiries, please contact:
+44 (0)20 3108 8484
t.wingender [at] ucl.ac.uk
For research project enquiries, please contact:
Dr Ioannis Lianos
+44 (0)20 3108 8346
i.lianos [at] ucl.ac.uk
- Causal Uncertainty and Damages Claims for Infringement of Competition Law in Europe by Ioannis Lianos
For more working papers, please visit the CLES Research Paper Series section on this website.
Regulating Trade in Services in the EU and WTO: Trust, Distrust and Economic Integration
17 July 2012
Dr Ioannis Lianos (Co-Editor with Okeoghene Odudu)
Cambridge University Press 2012
A new book edited by Dr Ioannis Lianos has been published.
This volume is a follow-up publication for a Modern Law Review-funded conference organised by Dr Ioannis Lianos of UCL Laws and Dr Odudu at Emmanuel College, Cambridge. In addition to co-editing the publication, Dr Lianos contributes two chapters advancing a different and original theory on economic integration based on the concept of system trust.
The volume includes contributions by leading trade lawyers, economists and political scientists from Europe and the US. The aim is to assess the viability of various theories of economic integration that take into account the legal, economic, political and social challenges of incorporating free trade with retaining the plurality of social welfare standards and consumer protection. Chapters cover the governance of trade in services at the European and global level; studies on the recent Services Directive and how this interacts with the principle of managed mutual recognition and harmonisation in different sectors of trade in services (social services, financial services); the recent case law of the European Courts on the enforcement of the principle of free movement of services and how this accommodates various national public interest concerns; and the interaction of the freedom to provide services with fundamental rights, including social rights. The operation of the principle of managed mutual recognition in other economic integration regimes, in particular in the context of the WTO, is also discussed.
Regulating Trade in Services in the EU and the WTO
Trust, Distrust and Economic Integration
Edited by: Ioannis Lianos, University College London
Edited by: Okeoghene Odudu, Emmanuel College, Cambridge
Publication date:March 2012
Page last modified on 17 jul 12 14:22