Law Econ Soc News
- Dr Lianos appointed Visiting Professor at the University of Chile's Faculty of Law
- Dr Lianos speaks to All Party Parliamentary Group at the House of Lords
- Regulating Trade in Services in the EU and WTO: Trust, Distrust and Economic Integration
- PhD candidate Florence Thépot awarded research fellowship
- PhD candidate Matt Strader attended the International Graduate Legal Research Conference
- PhD candidate Matt Strader attends course in Gerzensee in Switzerland
- Dr Lianos speaks at St Petersburg International Legal Forum
- Global Limits of Competition Law
- PhD candidate Deni Mantzari attends European Consortium for Political Research (ECPR) conference
- PhD candidate Deni Mantzari invited to participate in EU Judicial Training
- Sport and Competition Law
- The CLES co-organised conference in Chicago on Brands, Competition and the Law
- Professor William S. Comanor speaks on mergers and innovation in the pharmaceutical industry
- A panel of experts from the United States and Europe explore the law and economics of resale price maintenance
- Dr Ioannis Lianos speaks at the First "Open Innovations" Forum (Moscow)
- Dr Ioannis Lianos awarded the prestigious Philip Leverhulme prize 2012
27 July 2016
Digital Currencies, Digital Finance and the Constitution of a New Financial Order
For more information and to view past events, please go to the events pages.
For general enquiries, please contact:
laws.research [at] ucl.ac.uk
+44 (0)20 3108 8484
For research project enquiries, please contact:
Professor Ioannis Lianos
+44 (0)20 3108 8346
i.lianos [at] ucl.ac.uk
- The Interplay of Institutions. Linkages between Enacting and Implementing Competition Law in India by Amber Darr
- Public Policy Considerations in Competition Enforcement: Merger Control in South Africa by Azza A. Raslan
- The Global Seed Market, Competition Law and Intellectual Property Rights: Untying the Gordian Knot by Ioannis Lianos, Dmitry Katalevsky and Alexey Ivanov
- Superior Bargaining Power and the Global Food Value Chain. The Wuthering Heights of Holistic Competition Law? by Ioannis Lianos and Claudio Lombardi
For more working papers, please visit the CLES Research Paper Series section on this website.
Dr Lianos speaks to All Party Parliamentary Group at the House of Lords
17 July 2012
Dr Ioannis Lianos of UCL Laws spoke on 20 March at a session organised by the All Party Parliamentary Group on the Constitution at the House of Lords on the legal implications of deeper integration in the Euro zone, following the recent signing of the Treaty on Stability, Coordination and Governance in the Economic and Monetary Union.
The two other contributors were David Rennie (Political editor, The Economist) and Mats Persson (Director, Open Europe) who focused on the political dimension of this new framework of economic governance in the Euro zone.
Dr Lianos' contribution examined the legality from the point of EU law of this International agreement between the Euro zone Member States and nine other EU Member States not participating in the Euro (with the exception of Britain and the Czech republic) and the possibilities that this opens for further economic integration in Europe. He also commented on Britain's role in this process and more generally on the implications of deeper integration of the Eurozone for the future of the European project and Britain’s position in it.
Page last modified on 17 jul 12 14:00