Law Econ Soc News
- Dr Lianos appointed Visiting Professor at the University of Chile's Faculty of Law
- Dr Lianos speaks to All Party Parliamentary Group at the House of Lords
- Regulating Trade in Services in the EU and WTO: Trust, Distrust and Economic Integration
- PhD candidate Florence Thépot awarded research fellowship
- PhD candidate Matt Strader attended the International Graduate Legal Research Conference
- PhD candidate Matt Strader attends course in Gerzensee in Switzerland
- Dr Lianos speaks at St Petersburg International Legal Forum
- Global Limits of Competition Law
- PhD candidate Deni Mantzari attends European Consortium for Political Research (ECPR) conference
- PhD candidate Deni Mantzari invited to participate in EU Judicial Training
- Sport and Competition Law
- The CLES co-organised conference in Chicago on Brands, Competition and the Law
- Professor William S. Comanor speaks on mergers and innovation in the pharmaceutical industry
- A panel of experts from the United States and Europe explore the law and economics of resale price maintenance
- Dr Ioannis Lianos speaks at the First "Open Innovations" Forum (Moscow)
- Dr Ioannis Lianos awarded the prestigious Philip Leverhulme prize 2012
25 April 2017, London
Multi-Sided Platforms: Business, Economics & Competition Policy
12 May 2017, Amsterdam
Economic Evidence in Competition Law and the Future of the “More Economic” Approach
To view past events, please go to the events pages.
For general enquiries, please contact:
laws.research [at] ucl.ac.uk
+44 (0)20 3108 8484
For research project enquiries, please contact:
Professor Ioannis Lianos
+44 (0)20 3108 8346
i.lianos [at] ucl.ac.uk
- Global Governance of Antitrust and the Need for a BRICS Joint Research Platform in Competition Law and Policy by Ioannis Lianos
- The Interplay of Institutions. Linkages between Enacting and Implementing Competition Law in India by Amber Darr
- Public Policy Considerations in Competition Enforcement: Merger Control in South Africa by Azza A. Raslan
For more working papers, please visit the CLES Research Paper Series section on this website.
Global Limits of Competition Law
17 July 2012
A new book edited by Dr Ioannis Lianos has been published.
The Global Limits of Competition Law
Ioannis Lianos and Daniel Sokol (Co-Editors)
Stanford University Press, June 2012
This book is co-edited by Dr Ioannis Lianos (UCL Laws) and Professor Daniel Sokol (University of Florida). It is the first in the series Global Competition Law and Economics published by Stanford University Press. A second book is expected in 2012 on Competition law and Development and a third book in 2013 on Competition law and the State.
Over the last three decades, the field of antitrust law has grown increasingly prominent, and more than one hundred countries have enacted competition law statutes. As competition law expands to jurisdictions with very different economic, social, cultural, and institutional backgrounds, the debates over its usefulness have similarly evolved. This book, the first in a new series on global competition law, critically assesses the importance of competition law, its development and modern practice, and the global limits that have emerged. This volume will be a key resource to both scholars and practitioners interested in antitrust, competition law, economics, business strategy, and administrative sciences.
For (excellent) advance reviews, a table of contents and further details please see the Stanford University press website.
The Global Limits of Competition Law
Edited by Ioannis Lianos and D. Daniel Sokol
13 tables, 3 figures.
Page last modified on 17 jul 12 15:10