Centre for Law, Economics and Society (CLES)
- About Us
- CLES News
- Research Initiatives
- Training and Courses
- CLES Research Paper Series
- Join our mailing list
We are currently working on a new events programme, please come back to check!
For more information and to view past events, please go to the events pages.
For general enquiries, please contact:
laws.research [at] ucl.ac.uk
+44 (0)20 3108 8484
For research project enquiries, please contact:
Professor Ioannis Lianos
+44 (0)20 3108 8346
i.lianos [at] ucl.ac.uk
- The Interplay of Institutions. Linkages between Enacting and Implementing Competition Law in India by Amber Darr
- Public Policy Considerations in Competition Enforcement: Merger Control in South Africa by Azza A. Raslan
- The Global Seed Market, Competition Law and Intellectual Property Rights: Untying the Gordian Knot by Ioannis Lianos, Dmitry Katalevsky and Alexey Ivanov
- Superior Bargaining Power and the Global Food Value Chain. The Wuthering Heights of Holistic Competition Law? by Ioannis Lianos and Claudio Lombardi
For more working papers, please visit the CLES Research Paper Series section on this website.
Centre for Law, Economics and Society (CLES) was established by Professor Ioannis Lianos in
Its aim is to promote the study of regulatory action in all its forms
(State, non-State, all forms of collective action), from a trans-disciplinary
perspective, in particular drawing on law, economics, sociology and political
science. We believe that trans-disciplinarity arises only if research is based
upon a common theoretical understanding and it is accompanied by a mutual
interpenetration of disciplinary epistemologies.
The ambition of the Centre is to produce knowledge on regulatory action that would be useful for both the academic community and the world of practice (government, professions, corporations, the civil society). We seek to actively involve these communities in our various research programmes and to promote the interaction and the dialogue between them through the organization of conferences and other events, as well as the promotion of specific research initiatives.
Page last modified on 01 dec 15 13:29