The Department of Greek and Latin is recognized as one of the leading international centres for postgraduate study and research in the ancient world. We have a thriving postgraduate community, with 40-50 postgraduate students at any time, with research student projects ranging across the whole field of Greek and Roman studies and their reception.
Facilities for postgraduate study are outstanding. We are within walking distance of the British Museum and the British Library. UCL has its own excellent research libraries and the major libraries of the Institute of Classical Studies, the Warburg Institute, the Institute of Historical Research, and University of London Senate House Library are five minutes away. Our graduate students enjoy dedicated research and social space and IT facilities within the department.
Departmental Information for Postgraduates
Research Seminars 2012-13
- Greek literature seminar (Autumn 2012)
- Latin literature seminar (Spring 2013)
- Ancient Philosophy seminar
- Ancient History Seminar (Spring 2013)
- Postgraduate Work in Progress seminar
- Department research seminars 2012-13
- Departmental Postgraduate seminar 2013 (Lyceum)
- School of Advanced Study
Ancient History, Art History and Archaeology
Page last modified on 11 jan 13 09:45