The Department of Greek and Latin is recognized as one of the leading international centres for postgraduate study and research in the ancient world. We have a thriving postgraduate community, with 40-50 postgraduate students at any time, with research student projects ranging across the whole field of Greek and Roman studies and their reception.
Facilities for postgraduate study are outstanding. We are within walking distance of the British Museum and the British Library. UCL has its own excellent research libraries and the major libraries of the Institute of Classical Studies, the Warburg Institute, the Institute of Historical Research, and University of London Senate House Library are five minutes away. Our graduate students enjoy dedicated research and social space and IT facilities within the department.
Departmental Information for Postgraduates
- Postgraduate Handbook 2014-15
- Postgraduate Handbook 2015-16 - coming soon!
- Citing references and avoiding plagiarism
Research Seminars 2015-16
- Greek/Latin literature seminar (Autumn 2015)
- Greek/Latin literature seminar (Spring 2016)
- Ancient Philosophy seminar
- Warburg Seminars 2015-16
- Ancient History Seminar 2015-16
- Classical Archaeology 2015-16
- Postgraduate Work in Progress seminar
- Department research seminars 2015-16
- Departmental Postgraduate seminar (Lyceum)
- ICS Early Career Seminar (Fridays 4:30)
- School of Advanced Study
Ancient History, Art History and Archaeology
Page last modified on 01 sep 15 10:29