The Department of Greek and Latin is now advertising for Postgraduate
Teaching Assistants 2016-17: deadline 12 July 2016.
The deadline for MA studentships for 2016/17 entry has been extended until Friday 15 July 2016.
Honorary Research Fellow
Research interests: Greek and Latin papyri and ostraca from Roman Egypt
Some Recent Publications:
- 'P. Oxy. 4321.' The Oxyrhynchus Papyri 62 (1995).
- (with H.M. Cotton and F.G.B. Millar) 'The papyrology of the Roman Near East: a Survey.' Journal of Roman Studies 85 (1995) 214-235.
- 'An inscribed architectural fragment from Middle Egypt concerning the Imperial Quarries.' In D.M. Bailey (ed.), Archaeological Research in Roman Egypt (Journal of Roman Archaeology, Suppl. series 19, 1996), 23-28.
- 'Two bronze lamps with Greek inscriptions.' In A Catalogue of Lamps in the British Museum IV - Lamps of Metal and Stone, and Lampstands, ed. D.M. Bailey, 1996, 1-4.
- Nineteen articles for S.Hornblower and A.Spawforth (eds.), The Oxford Classical Dictionary, 3rd edn., 1996.
- 'O.Claud. 409-416. School exercises, verse and prose.' In J.Bingen, A. Bulow-Jacobsen, W.E.H. Cockle et al., Mons Claudianus: Ostraca Graeca et Latina II (O.Claud. 191-416), 1997, 249-276.
- Review of H.Cuvigny, A.Hussein, G.Wagner, Les Ostraca grecs d'Ain Waqfa, Oasis de Kharga. Classical Review 47 (1997) 439-40.
- 'P.Oxy. 4445-4449'. The Oxyrhynchus Papyri 65 (1998).