Fiachra Mac Góráin
Lecturer in Classics
Office hours: On research leave in Term 2, 2014
Research interests: Augustan poetry, especially Virgil; Virgilian exegesis; Dionysus in Latin poetry; intertextuality; the reception of Virgil in Ireland.
I completed a BA in Classics at Trinity College Dublin, and masters and doctoral degrees at the University of Oxford. I am currently converting my doctoral thesis into a book, to be entitled Virgil's Dionysus.
- "Virgil's Bacchus and the Roman Republic". In D. Nelis, J. Farrell (eds.), Augustan Poetry and the Roman Republic (Oxford 2013), 124-145.
- "The Shepherds Jubilee. A Dublin Eclogue from 1701", Vergilius 59 (2013), 81-110.
- "Speeches" and "Dialogue". In R. F. Thomas, J. M. Ziolkowski (eds.), The Virgil Encyclopedia (Harvard 2014).
- "Apollo and Dionysus in Virgil". In Incontri di filologia classica (2014).
- "The Politics of Appropriation: Levels of Authority in Virgil’s Rewriting of Homer". In A. Klostergaard Petersen (ed.), Contextualising Rewritten Scripture (Brill 2014).
Page last modified on 03 mar 14 19:07