All events are free and open to the public
Still from The Private Life of Helen of Troy (US 1927), screened at UCL with piano accompaniment by Stephen Horne
- Classics Confidential: interviews with UCL staff and students
- An evening with Fiona Shaw: Friday 17 October 2014 (Pearson G22)
- Ancient Passions: 15 – 23 November 2014 (Birkbeck cinema)
- Staging Greek Tragedy Today: Public symposium 13 February 2015
- Jo Balmer in conversation acclaimed poet and translator Josephine Balmer in conversation with Theo Hermans (UCL Dutch), Phiroze Vasunia (UCL Greek and Latin) and Maria Wyke (UCL Greek and Latin). Tuesday 3 March from 6 - 7:30 pm, followed by a reception.
- Youtube: British Museum lunchtime lecture: Desirability and domination: Greek Sculpture and the Modern Male Body (Maria Wyke) >>
- Olympics ancient and modern: The pursuit of Olympic ideals - physical, neural and aesthetic (discussion) ... blogged here >>
- Olympics ancient and modern: Song and stone in public space (lecture by Chris Carey), from the conference Sport & Competition in Ancient Greece and Rome
- Desire, Decadence and Death: Experiencing the Ancient World in Silent Cinema: 15th November 2014
- Lecture. 8 May 6pm: Dr Peter Meineck (NYU), 'The Theatre that Moved the Soul: Understanding the Power of Ancient Greek Drama through Modern Cognitive Science'
- Panel discussion: Myth and Mythology (UCL Festival of Arts): 16 May, 1:00pm
- Tribute to Eric Handley: 26 June 3:00 - 5:00 pm
- London Summer School in Classics: 8 - 17 July 2014
Page last modified on 23 nov 14 16:18