- Inaugural Lecture 15 June 2011
- History of Medicine in Motion
- Medical Texts in Translation
- Potent Substances: On the Boundaries of Food and Medicine
- Festival of Chinese Film and the Body
- Perfect Bodies
- Daoist and Other Visualisations in Practice
- Festival of Chinese Film and the Body, Film 4
- Chinese New Year celebrations 2013
- Pharmacology in China
- The Benevolent Dragon? An analysis of China's health diplomacy to Africa (1964 – the present)
- China in Latin America
- Martial arts film: The Sword Identity
- Spices and medicine: From Historical Obsession to Research of the Future
- CCHH OPEN DAY
- CCHH film evenings
- Performance and [dis]ability
- Chinese film evening, Dragon (Wuxia 武俠, 2011), dir. Peter Chan 陈可辛.
- History of Pre-Modern Medicine Seminar: Prof. Volker Scheid
- CCHH film – Mother (Mama 妈妈), dir. Zhang Yuan 张元, 1990.
- Film and the Chinese Medical Humanities
- CCHH alumni news
- CCHH MA student achievement
- Chinese Film and the Medical Humanities workshop
- China and Freedom of Speech: new systems for the accountability of the press. An evening with John Kampfner
- Imagining Chinese Medicine: Medical illustration from Han tombs to contemporary Comics.
- Twelve Scholars of the Bamboo Grove
- Chinese Visual Festival 2014
- A transnational history of the forensic gaze
- The 'Subtle Body' in the Indo-Tibetan and Chinese traditions
- UK première – Sauna on the Moon (Chang’e 嫦娥), dir. Zou Peng 邹鹏, China 2011
- Come and join the China-Taiwan cross-straits debate!
- #UCLfacesRACE: Eugenics@UCL
- Emetic remedies in Japanese Koiho 古方 medicine
- #UCLfacesRACE, Conversation 2: Why is my curriculum white?
- Daoist Cooking through the Four Seasons
- University of Westminster Contemporary China Centre Seminar
- Administrating Art, History, and Science in the Mongol Empire: Rashid al-Din and Bolad Chengxiang
- Thinking Chinese Conference (31/03–1/04 2015) 思華 · 華思 (UPDATE)
- Thinking Chinese Exhibition (31/03–12/05 2015)
Venue: South Cloisters, Wilkins Building,
Published: Feb 26, 2015 11:06:11 AM
(London) Institute and UCL present a Gala
Fundraising Dinner in aid of Camden Chinese Community Centre.
Published: Feb 26, 2015 11:06:26 AM
Published: Feb 26, 2015 11:06:00 AM
Published: Jan 19, 2015 12:50:19 AM
Published: Nov 15, 2014 3:47:45 PM
UK première – Sauna on the Moon (Chang’e 嫦娥), dir. Zou Peng 邹鹏, China 2011
26 May 2014
This Thursday, 29 May 2014, 6.30–8.30pm. Roberts G06, Sir Ambrose Fleming Lecture Theatre.
As part of the UCL Festival of the Arts (27-30 May 2014), CCHH proudly presents the UK première of Zou Peng's satirical feature Sauna on the Moon + live video Q&A.
This film has not passed the Chinese censors and is shown with special permission of the director and distributors.
Free tickets from Eventbrite.
Sauna on the Moon is a study of the commodification of the female body in present-day Guangdong. Set in a sauna/brothel, it delivers some harsh messages about the sex trade and China's changing society, with a light touch (and without too much explicit material). Chang’e is the name of the sauna, the moon goddess who endows her worshippers with beauty, and the Chinese spacecraft launched in 2010. The director, Zou Peng, and/or the producer, Chen Zhiheng 陈挚恒, will be available for video Q&A after the film.
Drinks will be served between the film and the Q&A session.
Page last modified on 26 may 14 14:35 by Penelope Barrett