- Inaugural Lecture 15 June 2011
- History of Medicine in Motion
- Medical Texts in Translation
- Potent Substances: On the Boundaries of Food and Medicine
- Festival of Chinese Film and the Body
- Perfect Bodies
- Daoist and Other Visualisations in Practice
- Festival of Chinese Film and the Body, Film 4
- Chinese New Year celebrations 2013
- Pharmacology in China
- The Benevolent Dragon? An analysis of China's health diplomacy to Africa (1964 – the present)
- China in Latin America
- Martial arts film: The Sword Identity
- Spices and medicine: From Historical Obsession to Research of the Future
- CCHH OPEN DAY
- CCHH film evenings
- Performance and [dis]ability
- Chinese film evening, Dragon (Wuxia 武俠, 2011), dir. Peter Chan 陈可辛.
- History of Pre-Modern Medicine Seminar: Prof. Volker Scheid
- CCHH film – Mother (Mama 妈妈), dir. Zhang Yuan 张元, 1990.
- Film and the Chinese Medical Humanities
- CCHH alumni news
- CCHH MA student achievement
- Chinese Film and the Medical Humanities workshop
- China and Freedom of Speech: new systems for the accountability of the press. An evening with John Kampfner
- Imagining Chinese Medicine: Medical illustration from Han tombs to contemporary Comics.
- Twelve Scholars of the Bamboo Grove
- Chinese Visual Festival 2014
- A transnational history of the forensic gaze
- The 'Subtle Body' in the Indo-Tibetan and Chinese traditions
- UK première – Sauna on the Moon (Chang’e 嫦娥), dir. Zou Peng 邹鹏, China 2011
- Come and join the China-Taiwan cross-straits debate!
Monday 23 June, 2–3.30pm, Room 105, 24 Gordon Square, UCL
The debate will bring together established academics and UCL graduate students to explore contemporary Taiwan-China relations in the light of the recent Sunflower protest movement (太阳花学运).
Published: Jun 10, 2014 3:48:29 PM
Published: May 26, 2014 3:04:08 PM
Published: May 13, 2014 4:14:02 PM
Published: May 8, 2014 3:26:54 PM
Published: Apr 25, 2014 10:59:52 AM
Medical Texts in Translation
16 May 2011
We have gathered together speakers who are working on
translations of material that has not been available in translation in the
They will introduce and read the text in translation, followed by their
analysis and a general discussion.
We hope to attract participants who will be able to contribute to the discussion. For further details (or if you are interested in hosting a session) please call or email Vivienne Lo: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 020 7679 8113.
7 June 2011
Medical Texts In Translation
Preface to the Classic of Plain Girl (Su nü jing xu) from Ye Dehui's ‘Shadow of the Double Plum Tree Collection’ [Shuang mei jing an cong shu, 1903]
Dr Leon Rocha, University of Cambridge
28 June 2011
Medical Texts In Translation
Twice-born or thrice-born? The Matriculation of a Medical Student in Ancient India**
Dr Dominik Wujastyk, University of Vienna
**The location for this particular session is yet to be confirmed.
Page last modified on 16 may 11 15:17 by Helen Matthews