- Inaugural Lecture 15 June 2011
- History of Medicine in Motion
- Medical Texts in Translation
- Potent Substances: On the Boundaries of Food and Medicine
- Festival of Chinese Film and the Body
- Perfect Bodies
- Daoist and Other Visualisations in Practice
- Festival of Chinese Film and the Body, Film 4
- Chinese New Year celebrations 2013
- Pharmacology in China
- The Benevolent Dragon? An analysis of China's health diplomacy to Africa (1964 – the present)
- China in Latin America
- Martial arts film: The Sword Identity
- Spices and medicine: From Historical Obsession to Research of the Future
- CCHH OPEN DAY
- CCHH film evenings
- Performance and [dis]ability
- CCHH alumni news
- China and Freedom of Speech: new systems for the accountability of the press – An evening with John Kampfner
- Chinese film evening: Woman Demon Human (Ren gui qing人鬼情, 1987)
China and Freedom of Speech: new systems for the accountability of the press – An evening with John Kampfner
6th March 2014, 6.30pm
Gustave Tuck LT, UCL
Registration via Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.com/event/8973007507
UCL’s China Centre for Health and Humanity and Centre for Transnational History invite you to an evening with John Kampfner, ex editor of the New Statesman and a high-profile author, broadcaster and commentator.
Published: Nov 8, 2013 2:00:43 PM
This week's Chinese film is Huang Shuqin's 黄蜀芹 unmissable Woman Demon Human (Ren gui qing人鬼情, 1987). Based on the life and career of Pei Yanling, a famous female performer of male roles in Hebei opera, it has been called China's first feminist film.
Time: Tuesday 26th November, 7pm. Place: Room 107, 25 Gordon Square.
Free tickets available from: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/event/9509845203 More...
Published: Nov 4, 2013 1:34:35 PM
Double congratulations to CCHH MA alumna You Min, who has just embarked on a PhD degree in Chinese Language Globalization Studies at Minzu University of China 中央民族大学 after being awarded a fully funded UCL Chinese Government Scholarship. More...
Published: Oct 8, 2013 5:11:30 PM
Monday October 7, 5pm, Galton Lecture Theatre. Please join UCL Comparative Literature for a talk by Haiping Yan 颜海平(Shanghai Jiaotong University) on '"My Dream": an Intermedial Turn in Urban Aesthetics and Chinese Cosmopolitanism'. More...
Published: Oct 7, 2013 11:48:55 AM
Published: Sep 29, 2013 2:28:08 PM
Medical Texts in Translation
16 May 2011
We have gathered together speakers who are working on
translations of material that has not been available in translation in the
They will introduce and read the text in translation, followed by their
analysis and a general discussion.
We hope to attract participants who will be able to contribute to the discussion. For further details (or if you are interested in hosting a session) please call or email Vivienne Lo: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 020 7679 8113.
7 June 2011
Medical Texts In Translation
Preface to the Classic of Plain Girl (Su nü jing xu) from Ye Dehui's ‘Shadow of the Double Plum Tree Collection’ [Shuang mei jing an cong shu, 1903]
Dr Leon Rocha, University of Cambridge
28 June 2011
Medical Texts In Translation
Twice-born or thrice-born? The Matriculation of a Medical Student in Ancient India**
Dr Dominik Wujastyk, University of Vienna
**The location for this particular session is yet to be confirmed.
Page last modified on 16 may 11 15:17 by Helen Matthews