- Inaugural Lecture 15 June 2011
- History of Medicine in Motion
- Medical Texts in Translation
- Potent Substances: On the Boundaries of Food and Medicine
- Festival of Chinese Film and the Body
- Perfect Bodies
- Daoist and Other Visualisations in Practice
- Festival of Chinese Film and the Body, Film 4
- Chinese New Year celebrations 2013
- Pharmacology in China
- The Benevolent Dragon? An analysis of China's health diplomacy to Africa (1964 – the present)
- China in Latin America
- Martial arts film: The Sword Identity
- Spices and medicine: From Historical Obsession to Research of the Future
- CCHH OPEN DAY
- CCHH film evenings
- Performance and [dis]ability
- Chinese film evening, Dragon (Wuxia 武俠, 2011), dir. Peter Chan 陈可辛.
- History of Pre-Modern Medicine Seminar: Prof. Volker Scheid
- CCHH film – Mother (Mama 妈妈), dir. Zhang Yuan 张元, 1990.
- Film and the Chinese Medical Humanities
- CCHH alumni news
- CCHH MA student achievement
- Chinese Film and the Medical Humanities workshop
- China and Freedom of Speech: new systems for the accountability of the press. An evening with John Kampfner
- Imagining Chinese Medicine: Medical illustration from Han tombs to contemporary Comics.
- Twelve Scholars of the Bamboo Grove
- Chinese Visual Festival 2014
- A transnational history of the forensic gaze
- The 'Subtle Body' in the Indo-Tibetan and Chinese traditions
- UK première – Sauna on the Moon (Chang’e 嫦娥), dir. Zou Peng 邹鹏, China 2011
- Come and join the China-Taiwan cross-straits debate!
- #UCLfacesRACE: Eugenics@UCL
- Emetic remedies in Japanese Koiho 古方 medicine
- #UCLfacesRACE, Conversation 2: Why is my curriculum white?
- Daoist Cooking through the Four Seasons
- University of Westminster Contemporary China Centre Seminar
- Administrating Art, History, and Science in the Mongol Empire: Rashid al-Din and Bolad Chengxiang
- Thinking Chinese Conference (31/03–1/04 2015) 思華 · 華思 (UPDATE)
- Thinking Chinese Exhibition (31/03–12/05 2015)
- The Chinese Erhu during the First World War
- 5th Annual Chinese Visual Festival
- Call for Chinese-speaking choral singers!
- Lady Precious Stream
- Film and Discussion: When China Met Africa
- Hot and Numb! 2000 years of Sichuan pepper
- A unique opportunity to learn Chinese Sign Language at UCL!
- Medical Humanities in China – conference
- Isabella Bird (1831–1904): Photographic travels in China
- Thinking Chinese 思華 . 華思
- History of Pre-Modern Medicine Seminar: Professor Elisabeth Hsu
- International postgraduate summer school
- Di Lu Wins IASTAM Junior Scholar Essay Prize
- New Chinese Film + Director's Q&A
- Summer volunteering placements in rural China
We are delighted and proud to announce that current CCHH PhD student Di Lu 蘆笛 has been honoured with the IASTAM Charles Leslie Junior Scholar Essay Award for his outstanding paper 'Transnational Circulation of the Knowledge of the Caterpillar Fungus to Early 20th Century'.
What Makes us Human? Philosophical and Religious Perspectives in China and the West, Central European University, Budapest, July 4–15 2016. More...
Wednesday 4 November, 5.15pm, Rockefeller 339.
A talk on intrepid travel photographer Isabella Bird and her voyages in late 19th-century China, by travel writer and former Royal Photographic Society curator Deborah Ireland. More...
A transnational history of the forensic gaze
8 May 2014
Page last modified on 08 may 14 13:52 by Penelope Barrett