- Inaugural Lecture 15 June 2011
- History of Medicine in Motion
- Medical Texts in Translation
- Potent Substances: On the Boundaries of Food and Medicine
- Festival of Chinese Film and the Body
- Perfect Bodies
- Daoist and Other Visualisations in Practice
- Festival of Chinese Film and the Body, Film 4
- Chinese New Year celebrations 2013
- Pharmacology in China
- The Benevolent Dragon? An analysis of China's health diplomacy to Africa (1964 – the present)
- China in Latin America
- Martial arts film: The Sword Identity
- Spices and medicine: From Historical Obsession to Research of the Future
- CCHH OPEN DAY
- CCHH film evenings
- Performance and [dis]ability
- Chinese film evening, Dragon (Wuxia 武俠, 2011), dir. Peter Chan 陈可辛.
- History of Pre-Modern Medicine Seminar: Prof. Volker Scheid
- CCHH film – Mother (Mama 妈妈), dir. Zhang Yuan 张元, 1990.
- Film and the Chinese Medical Humanities
- CCHH alumni news
- CCHH MA student achievement
- Chinese Film and the Medical Humanities workshop
- China and Freedom of Speech: new systems for the accountability of the press. An evening with John Kampfner
- Imagining Chinese Medicine: Medical illustration from Han tombs to contemporary Comics.
- Twelve Scholars of the Bamboo Grove
- Chinese Visual Festival 2014
- A transnational history of the forensic gaze
- The 'Subtle Body' in the Indo-Tibetan and Chinese traditions
- UK première – Sauna on the Moon (Chang’e 嫦娥), dir. Zou Peng 邹鹏, China 2011
- Come and join the China-Taiwan cross-straits debate!
- #UCLfacesRACE: Eugenics@UCL
- Emetic remedies in Japanese Koiho 古方 medicine
- #UCLfacesRACE, Conversation 2: Why is my curriculum white?
- Daoist Cooking through the Four Seasons
- University of Westminster Contemporary China Centre Seminar
- Administrating Art, History, and Science in the Mongol Empire: Rashid al-Din and Bolad Chengxiang
A seminar presented by Vivienne Lo (UCL). Research collaboration: Wang Yidan 王一丹 (Peking University) and Persis Berlekamp (University of Chicago). Thursday 5 February, 5.30pm. SAS room 243, 2nd floor, South Block, Senate House.
Published: Jan 19, 2015 12:50:19 AM
Published: Nov 15, 2014 3:47:45 PM
A practical workshop with Professor Qian Feng, Guangzhou University of Chinese Medicine, Wed 19 Nov 6–9pm, repeated on Sat 22 Nov 2:30–5:30pm. Includes a talk by Vivienne Lo. More...
Published: Nov 4, 2014 1:26:51 PM
Published: Oct 15, 2014 10:51:41 PM
Published: Oct 12, 2014 2:17:54 PM
Inaugural Lecture 15 June 2011
26 January 2011
Professor Lucy Chen, Institute of Global Health, Peking University
4.30 p.m. Cruciform Lecture Theatre 2, Cruciform Building, UCL Gower Street
"China's efforts in reducing maternal death from 1950s to 2000"
Lucy Chen is currently Executive Deputy Director of the Institute for Global Health at Peking University. This is an institute dedicated to research on strategies and plans for China’s role in South-South health development cooperation and works closely with government organisations. She has played a role in establishing China’s Alliance for South-South Health Collaboration Research which will be formally launched in January 2010. Before returning to China, she worked at the Department of Health, and University of Sydney in Australia
Professor Chen’s research interests include development cooperation in the health sector between
China and other developing countries and, in particular, effective
interventions to support MDGs especially in maternal health in Africa. This visit will help to establish a new dialogue between work in China
and the UCL Institutes in London where there are many shared interests.
Page last modified on 26 jan 11 12:52 by Alan W Yabsley