- Inaugural Lecture 15 June 2011
- History of Medicine in Motion
- Medical Texts in Translation
- Potent Substances: On the Boundaries of Food and Medicine
- Festival of Chinese Film and the Body
- Perfect Bodies
- Daoist and Other Visualisations in Practice
- Festival of Chinese Film and the Body, Film 4
- Chinese New Year celebrations 2013
- Pharmacology in China
- The Benevolent Dragon? An analysis of China's health diplomacy to Africa (1964 – the present)
- China in Latin America
- Martial arts film: The Sword Identity
- Spices and medicine: From Historical Obsession to Research of the Future
- CCHH OPEN DAY
- CCHH film evenings
- Performance and [dis]ability
- CCHH alumni news
- China and Freedom of Speech: new systems for the accountability of the press – An evening with John Kampfner
- Chinese film evening, Dragon (Wuxia 武俠, 2011), dir. Peter Chan 陈可辛.
China and Freedom of Speech: new systems for the accountability of the press – An evening with John Kampfner
6th March 2014, 6.30pm
Gustave Tuck LT, UCL
Registration via Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.com/event/8973007507
UCL’s China Centre for Health and Humanity and Centre for Transnational History invite you to an evening with John Kampfner, ex editor of the New Statesman and a high-profile author, broadcaster and commentator.
Published: Nov 8, 2013 2:00:43 PM
Our final Chinese film of the term is an unconventional martial arts drama.
Time: Tuesday 10th December, 7pm. Place: Room 107, 25 Gordon Square.
Free tickets available from: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/event/9720609605 More...
Published: Nov 4, 2013 1:34:35 PM
Double congratulations to CCHH MA alumna You Min, who has just embarked on a PhD degree in Chinese Language Globalization Studies at Minzu University of China 中央民族大学 after being awarded a fully funded UCL Chinese Government Scholarship. More...
Published: Oct 8, 2013 5:11:30 PM
Monday October 7, 5pm, Galton Lecture Theatre. Please join UCL Comparative Literature for a talk by Haiping Yan 颜海平(Shanghai Jiaotong University) on '"My Dream": an Intermedial Turn in Urban Aesthetics and Chinese Cosmopolitanism'. More...
Published: Oct 7, 2013 11:48:55 AM
Published: Sep 29, 2013 2:28:08 PM
Festival of Chinese Film and the Body
12 September 2012
Running up to Chinese New Year 2013, the UCL China Centre for Health and Humanity will be showing four recent Chinese films related to the UCL Grand Challenges themes:
Global Health, Intercultural Interaction, Sustainable Cities and Human Wellbeing.
This event is curated by Patrizia Liberati, PhD candidate at Peking University.
The screenings will be presented by three film specialists: in Chinese film, the history of medicine in film, and film and intercultural interaction respectively. They will also feature Q & As with some of the directors in China. Admission is open, free of charge, to all members of UCL and registered Friends of UCL CCHH. To become a Friend, please click here.
To see the full programme, please click here.
The Festival forms part of the new CCHH course Chinese Film and the Body.
Page last modified on 11 sep 12 18:16 by Penelope Barrett