- Inaugural Lecture 15 June 2011
- History of Medicine in Motion
- Medical Texts in Translation
- Potent Substances: On the Boundaries of Food and Medicine
- Festival of Chinese Film and the Body
- Perfect Bodies
- Daoist and Other Visualisations in Practice
- Festival of Chinese Film and the Body, Film 4
- Chinese New Year celebrations 2013
- Pharmacology in China
- The Benevolent Dragon? An analysis of China's health diplomacy to Africa (1964 – the present)
- China in Latin America
- Martial arts film: The Sword Identity
- Spices and medicine: From Historical Obsession to Research of the Future
Friday 24th May 2013, 9:30am – 5:00pm, Maplethorpe Lecture Theatre, UCL School of Pharmacy, 29-39 Brunswick Square, WC1N 1AX.
A one-day UCL conference sponsored by the British Society for the History of Science and London BioNat, exploring Europe’s fascination with spices as both food and medicine and the role of spices in the advancement of global scientific knowledge and medical practices, from ancient times to today. Vivienne Lo (UCL CCHH) and Di Lu (UCL PhD Cand.) will be presenting on 'Scent and Synaesthesia' in China. More...
Published: May 15, 2013 4:56:34 PM
Published: Apr 8, 2013 6:17:45 PM
Published: Apr 2, 2013 7:09:49 PM
Published: Mar 6, 2013 1:30:04 PM
Thursday 28 February 2013, 9–11am, Wilkins Garden Room.
Published: Feb 26, 2013 6:00:06 PM
Festival of Chinese Film and the Body
12 September 2012
Running up to Chinese New Year 2013, the UCL China Centre for Health and Humanity will be showing four recent Chinese films related to the UCL Grand Challenges themes:
Global Health, Intercultural Interaction, Sustainable Cities and Human Wellbeing.
This event is curated by Patrizia Liberati, PhD candidate at Peking University.
The screenings will be presented by three film specialists: in Chinese film, the history of medicine in film, and film and intercultural interaction respectively. They will also feature Q & As with some of the directors in China. Admission is open, free of charge, to all members of UCL and registered Friends of UCL CCHH. To become a Friend, please click here.
To see the full programme, please click here.
The Festival forms part of the new CCHH course Chinese Film and the Body.
Page last modified on 11 sep 12 18:16 by Penelope Barrett