- Inaugural Lecture 15 June 2011
- History of Medicine in Motion
- Medical Texts in Translation
- Potent Substances: On the Boundaries of Food and Medicine
- Festival of Chinese Film and the Body
- Perfect Bodies
- Daoist and Other Visualisations in Practice
- Festival of Chinese Film and the Body, Film 4
- Chinese New Year celebrations 2013
- Pharmacology in China
- The Benevolent Dragon? An analysis of China's health diplomacy to Africa (1964 – the present)
- China in Latin America
- Martial arts film: The Sword Identity
- Spices and medicine: From Historical Obsession to Research of the Future
- CCHH OPEN DAY
- CCHH film evenings
- Performance and [dis]ability
- Chinese film evening, Dragon (Wuxia 武俠, 2011), dir. Peter Chan 陈可辛.
- History of Pre-Modern Medicine Seminar: Prof. Volker Scheid
- CCHH film – Mother (Mama 妈妈), dir. Zhang Yuan 张元, 1990.
- Film and the Chinese Medical Humanities
- CCHH alumni news
- CCHH MA student achievement
- Chinese Film and the Medical Humanities workshop
- China and Freedom of Speech: new systems for the accountability of the press. An evening with John Kampfner
- Imagining Chinese Medicine: Medical illustration from Han tombs to contemporary Comics.
- Twelve Scholars of the Bamboo Grove
- Chinese film – Sauna on the Moon (Chang’e 嫦娥), dir. Zou Peng 邹鹏, 2011
Published: Apr 14, 2014 10:42:42 PM
To celebrate the end of lectures and UCL’s first UG course in Ancient and Medieval Chinese History, twelve talented students set out to emulate the Seven Scholars of the Bamboo Grove. Now read on...
Published: Apr 11, 2014 11:33:19 AM
The final lecture in the SOAS East Asia Art & Archaeology Research Seminar series will be given by Dr Vivienne Lo of UCL China Centre for Health and Humanity. She will present her work on Chinese medical illustrations.
Time: Friday, 21st March 2014, 3 pm.
Place: Room B111 (1st floor), Brunei Gallery, SOAS. All welcome.
Published: Mar 14, 2014 7:28:32 PM
China and Freedom of Speech: new systems for the accountability of the press. An evening with John Kampfner
6th March 2014, panel discussion hosted by UCL’s China Centre for Health and Humanity and Centre for Transnational History and sponsored by UCL Grand Challenges (ii) and the UCL Institute for Human Rights.
Read all about it: Report by Dylan Brethour, PG History student. More...
Published: Mar 14, 2014 6:13:30 PM
In the context of the UCL initiative for the creation of a Chinese Medical Humanities, on the 22nd and 23rd of February the collaborate workshop (with Peking University [PKU] Institute of Medical Humanities and King's College London [KCL]) convened international experts to reflect on the use of film in teaching the Medical Humanities. More...
Published: Mar 4, 2014 4:59:57 PM
Film and the Chinese Medical Humanities
6 February 2014
22–23 February 2013
In the context of the UCL initiative for the creation of a Chinese Medical Humanities, UCL’s China Centre for Health and Humanity is running a collaborative workshop with Peking University (PKU) Institute of Medical Humanities and King's College London (KCL) to develop approaches to the use of film in teaching. The workshop is funded by the Wellcome Trust.
There are a limited number of places available at this workshop for UCL staff and graduate students.
Apply to Vivienne Lo email@example.com
Page last modified on 06 feb 14 14:40 by Penelope Barrett