- Inaugural Lecture 15 June 2011
- History of Medicine in Motion
- Medical Texts in Translation
- Potent Substances: On the Boundaries of Food and Medicine
- Festival of Chinese Film and the Body
- Perfect Bodies
- Daoist and Other Visualisations in Practice
- Festival of Chinese Film and the Body, Film 4
- Chinese New Year celebrations 2013
- Pharmacology in China
- The Benevolent Dragon? An analysis of China's health diplomacy to Africa (1964 – the present)
- China in Latin America
- Martial arts film: The Sword Identity
- Spices and medicine: From Historical Obsession to Research of the Future
- CCHH OPEN DAY
- CCHH film evenings
- Performance and [dis]ability
- Chinese film evening, Dragon (Wuxia 武俠, 2011), dir. Peter Chan 陈可辛.
- History of Pre-Modern Medicine Seminar: Prof. Volker Scheid
- CCHH film – Mother (Mama 妈妈), dir. Zhang Yuan 张元, 1990.
- Film and the Chinese Medical Humanities
- CCHH alumni news
- CCHH MA student achievement
- Chinese Film and the Medical Humanities workshop
- China and Freedom of Speech: new systems for the accountability of the press. An evening with John Kampfner
- Imagining Chinese Medicine: Medical illustration from Han tombs to contemporary Comics.
- Twelve Scholars of the Bamboo Grove
- Chinese Visual Festival 2014
- A transnational history of the forensic gaze
- The 'Subtle Body' in the Indo-Tibetan and Chinese traditions
- UK première – Sauna on the Moon (Chang’e 嫦娥), dir. Zou Peng 邹鹏, China 2011
- Come and join the China-Taiwan cross-straits debate!
- #UCLfacesRACE: Eugenics@UCL
- Emetic remedies in Japanese Koiho 古方 medicine
- #UCLfacesRACE, Conversation 2: Why is my curriculum white?
- Daoist Cooking through the Four Seasons
- University of Westminster Contemporary China Centre Seminar
- Administrating Art, History, and Science in the Mongol Empire: Rashid al-Din and Bolad Chengxiang
- Thinking Chinese Conference (31/03–1/04 2015) 思華 · 華思 (UPDATE)
- Thinking Chinese Exhibition (31/03–12/05 2015)
Venue: South Cloisters, Wilkins Building,
Published: Feb 26, 2015 11:06:11 AM
(London) Institute and UCL present a Gala
Fundraising Dinner in aid of Camden Chinese Community Centre.
Published: Feb 26, 2015 11:06:26 AM
Published: Feb 26, 2015 11:06:00 AM
Published: Jan 19, 2015 12:50:19 AM
Published: Nov 15, 2014 3:47:45 PM
Chinese film evening, Dragon (Wuxia 武俠, 2011), dir. Peter Chan 陈可辛.
4 November 2013
Our final Chinese film of the term is an unconventional martial arts drama.
Time: Tuesday 10th December, 7pm. Place: Room 107, 25 Gordon Square.
Free tickets available from: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/event/9720609605
The CCHH Chinese film evenings will resume on 14th January with Wang Jing's 王竞 The Fall of the Ming (Da Ming jie 大明劫, 2013).
This screening is part of Chinese Film and the Body (2013–2014), a series of film evenings exploring social and cultural issues related to health, medicine and the body in 20th and 21st century China, as represented in Chinese cinema.
- The film evenings take place on Tuesdays during term-time, from 12th November 2013 to 11th February 2014.
- Each screening is presented by a specialist and followed by a discussion and/or a live video Q&A session with the director.
- You can find further details of the films and suggestions for background reading here: www.ucl.ac.uk/chinahealth/teaching/chinese_film_and_the_body
- The films are core viewing for the UCL CHH MA module in Chinese Film and the Body.
- Admission is open to all members of UCL as well as registered Friends of the UCL China Centre for Health and Humanity. To register and join our Events mailing list, please follow this link.
Page last modified on 04 nov 13 12:16 by Penelope Barrett