- Inaugural Lecture 15 June 2011
- History of Medicine in Motion
- Medical Texts in Translation
- Potent Substances: On the Boundaries of Food and Medicine
- Festival of Chinese Film and the Body
- Perfect Bodies
- Daoist and Other Visualisations in Practice
- Festival of Chinese Film and the Body, Film 4
- Chinese New Year celebrations 2013
- Pharmacology in China
- The Benevolent Dragon? An analysis of China's health diplomacy to Africa (1964 – the present)
- China in Latin America
- Martial arts film: The Sword Identity
- Spices and medicine: From Historical Obsession to Research of the Future
- CCHH OPEN DAY
- CCHH film evenings
- Performance and [dis]ability
- Chinese film evening, Dragon (Wuxia 武俠, 2011), dir. Peter Chan 陈可辛.
- History of Pre-Modern Medicine Seminar: Prof. Volker Scheid
- CCHH film – Mother (Mama 妈妈), dir. Zhang Yuan 张元, 1990.
- Film and the Chinese Medical Humanities
- CCHH alumni news
- CCHH MA student achievement
- Chinese Film and the Medical Humanities workshop
- China and Freedom of Speech: new systems for the accountability of the press. An evening with John Kampfner
- Imagining Chinese Medicine: Medical illustration from Han tombs to contemporary Comics.
- Twelve Scholars of the Bamboo Grove
- Chinese Visual Festival 2014
- A transnational history of the forensic gaze
- The 'Subtle Body' in the Indo-Tibetan and Chinese traditions
- UK première – Sauna on the Moon (Chang’e 嫦娥), dir. Zou Peng 邹鹏, China 2011
- Come and join the China-Taiwan cross-straits debate!
- #UCLfacesRACE: Eugenics@UCL
- Emetic remedies in Japanese Koiho 古方 medicine
- #UCLfacesRACE, Conversation 2: Why is my curriculum white?
- Daoist Cooking through the Four Seasons
- University of Westminster Contemporary China Centre Seminar
- Administrating Art, History, and Science in the Mongol Empire: Rashid al-Din and Bolad Chengxiang
- Thinking Chinese Conference (31/03–1/04 2015) 思華 · 華思 (UPDATE)
- Thinking Chinese Exhibition (31/03–12/05 2015)
- The Chinese Erhu during the First World War
- 5th Annual Chinese Visual Festival
- Call for Chinese-speaking choral singers!
- Medical Humanities in China
- Lady Precious Stream
- Film and Discussion: When China Met Africa
A symposium on S. I. Hsiung's 1934 play, and the obstacles to and opportunities for East Asian voices in UK theatre and literature. Monday 18 May, 6.30–8pm, Anatomy JZ Young LT.
An international interdisciplinary conference at Peking University Institute for Medical Humanities, 15-17th October, 2015. Call for papers.
7–22 May 2015, at King’s College London, BFI Southbank, Bertha DocHouse and Chelsea College of Arts. The
festival will welcome to London some of the most exciting directors
currently working in Chinese-language cinema and art, showcasing
documentary, fiction and experimental video art from Mainland China,
Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore and beyond.
China in Latin America
2 April 2013
21st May 2013, 10am-5pm, Room 103, Institute of the Americas, 51 Gordon Square, London, WC1H 0PQ.
A one-day international conference.
Jointly convened by UCL China Centre for Health and Humanity and UCL Centre for Transnational History, and kindly supported by UCL Institute of the Americas and UCL Grand Challenges - Intercultural Interaction.
Contact: Samantha Pickett
(UCL History): email@example.com
This conference brings together specialists working on important aspects of China’s involvement with Latin America. The programme will begin with a history of the Chinese diaspora focussing on the different patterns of migration taken by Chinese workers on their journey to the Americas. Against this background, speakers will then examine Sino-Latin American diplomacy in the twentieth century. This theme will be analysed through the two sides’ respective political economies and through the impact of China’s investments on emerging markets. Health Diplomacy offers a final perspective through which to trace China in Latin America.
Axel Körner (UCL Centre for Transnational History)
Brazil and China: New Opportunities and Dilemmas
Felipe Krause (Head of Energy, International Development and
Economic Affairs, Brazilian Embassy, London)
Keywords, Concepts and Rhetorics: China's Framing of Latin
Julia Strauss (SOAS)
Chinese Outward Investments to Emerging Markets. Evidence from Latin America
Gaston Fornes (University of Bristol)
The Chinese in Latin America and the Caribbean: An Historical Overview from the Sixteenth Century (late Ming) to the Twenty-First Century.
Evelyn Hu-Dehart (Brown University)
China’s Health Diplomacy
Vivienne Lo (UCL China Centre for Health and Humanity), Paul Kadetz
(University of Leiden)
Roundtable: China in Latin America
Chair: Rhys Jenkins (University of East Anglia)
Chairs: Thomas Rath (UCL History), Paulo Drinot (UCL Institute of the Americas)
Download a programme here.
Page last modified on 02 apr 13 19:04 by Penelope Barrett