- Inaugural Lecture 15 June 2011
- History of Medicine in Motion
- Medical Texts in Translation
- Potent Substances: On the Boundaries of Food and Medicine
- Festival of Chinese Film and the Body
- Perfect Bodies
- Daoist and Other Visualisations in Practice
- Festival of Chinese Film and the Body, Film 4
- Chinese New Year celebrations 2013
- Pharmacology in China
- The Benevolent Dragon? An analysis of China's health diplomacy to Africa (1964 – the present)
- China in Latin America
- Martial arts film: The Sword Identity
- Spices and medicine: From Historical Obsession to Research of the Future
Friday 24th May 2013, 9:30am – 5:00pm, Maplethorpe Lecture Theatre, UCL School of Pharmacy, 29-39 Brunswick Square, WC1N 1AX.
A one-day UCL conference sponsored by the British Society for the History of Science and London BioNat, exploring Europe’s fascination with spices as both food and medicine and the role of spices in the advancement of global scientific knowledge and medical practices, from ancient times to today. Vivienne Lo (UCL CCHH) and Di Lu (UCL PhD Cand.) will be presenting on 'Scent and Synaesthesia' in China. More...
Published: May 15, 2013 4:56:34 PM
Published: Apr 8, 2013 6:17:45 PM
21st May 2013, 10am-5pm, Room 103, Institute of the Americas, 51 Gordon Square, London, WC1H 0PQ.
A one-day international conference, jointly convened by UCL China Centre for Health and Humanity and UCL Centre for Transnational History, and kindly supported by UCL Institute of the Americas and UCL Grand Challenges - Intercultural Interaction.
Published: Apr 2, 2013 7:09:49 PM
Published: Mar 6, 2013 1:30:04 PM
Thursday 28 February 2013, 9–11am, Wilkins Garden Room.
Published: Feb 26, 2013 6:00:06 PM
Chinese New Year celebrations 2013
24 January 2013
Celebrate the Year of the Snake with us on Tuesday February 12 from 3pm onwards in Wilkins Lower Refectory, UCL.
Varied programme of free events, plus a 5-course banquet cooked by Kam Po But, London's premier Chinese chef, at the bargain price of £12. PLEASE REGISTER at
http://www.eventbrite.co.uk/event/5233593820 (free events)
Roll your own dimsum
Noodle making demonstration
Stalls: British Chinese Workforce Heritage, OCS Children Fund
Lecture: British Chinese Food - Dr Vivienne Lo
Traditional Chinese music from virtuoso flautist Hu Ruijun and members of the UK Chinese Ensemble
Five-course banquet cooked by premier Chinese chef Kam Po But, £12
7pm (Gustav Tuck LT, Main building)
Film screening and discussion: Mountain Patrol (Kekexili 可可西里)
Page last modified on 23 jan 13 23:07 by Penelope Barrett