- Prospective Students
- Current Students
- Research Areas
- Seminars / Events
- Contact Us
Module Profile: Patient Safety & Clinical Risk
This module examines the relationship between patient safety and informatics.
The broad function and application of the risk management process is explored, as is the link between quality improvement and patient safety.
Topics covered include:
- adverse incidents;
- medical records and information management;
- the roles and responsibilities of healthcare professionals;
- the application of principles to assess risk exposures associated with clinical practice;
- issues around new technology and its adoption and
- information systems to support risk management and patient safety.
Blended learning - web-based distance learning in the UCL Virtual Learning Environment plus 3-day face to face teaching session.
Teaching Block 4 - see Module Calendar for details.
- Continuing Education students - applications for 2014-15 must be received by 11th April 2015.
Students enrolled on the
- Graduate Programme in Health Informatics (optional module)
- Graduate Programme in Health & Medical Sciences (optional module)
- Graduate Programme in Advanced Cardiorespiratory Physiotherapy (optional module)
- Graduate Programme in Advanced Paediatric Physiotherapy (optional module)
- Graduate Programme in Evidence Based Healthcare (optional module)
For further information
Page last modified on 22 jul 14 14:19