Module Profile: Clinical Knowledge & Decision Making
Learn about knowledge management, its tacit and explicit forms and how human expertise and new research can be assessed and transformed into best practice guidelines and care pathways. Critique the role, benefits and limitations of clinical audits and performance metrics as ways of judging personal and organisational performance. Discover how clinical decision support systems are designed and delivered to the desktop in practical and usable applications. Find out how data mining techniques can help us discover new knowledge from existing data.
Dr Dionisio M Acosta Mena, UCL CHIME
Blended learning - web-based distance learning in the UCL Virtual Learning Environment plus 3-day face to face teaching
- Continuing Education students - applications for 2012-13 must be received by 4th February 2013.
Students enrolled on the
- Graduate Programme in Health Informatics (optional module)
- Graduate Programme in Health & Medical Sciences (optional module)
- Graduate Programme in Advanced Cardiorespiratory Physiotherapy (optional module)
- Graduate Programme in Advanced Paediatric Physiotherapy (optional module)
- Graduate Programme in Evidence Based Healthcare (optional module)
Teaching Block 3 - see Module Calendar for details.
For further information