Mr Anthony Peacock
I am a computer professional working in the field of Health Informatics with a special interest in the design, development and implementation of Computer Based Teaching Resources. I lead the Educational Computing Development Unit at CHIME, which has a very broad remit to research and develop the use of Informatics in supporting health education.
- Educational objectives/needs
- Good instructional design
- Setting up and administrating email and internet services for our department.
- Managing technical infrastructure for CHIME.
- The use of Inter/Intranet techniques to support health education.
- Authoring Tools & VLEs.
- Digital video.
- Maintainer of the HTML::Table perl module on CPAN.
I am module tutor on the Clinical Information Systems and the Creating Online Educational Resources modules for the CHIME Postgraduate Programme in Health Informatics.
- Peacock A, Carrier L. Moving teaching online; the challenges, pitfalls and techniques. UCL's Teaching & Learning Conference and Exhibition (TILT) 2008. (Presentation) Abstract - View video presentation.
- Kelsey MC, Peacock A. The Internet, infection control, and world domination. Journal of Hospital Infection 1998;40:91-95.
- Murphy J, Stramer K, Peacock A. Creating an Internet Resource to support education and training programmes in Health Informatics. In: Mantas J, ed. A Nightingale Perspective. IOS Press, 1998;195-198.
- Murphy J, Stramer K, Peacock A, Ingram D. Designing, Implementing and Evaluating a Web site for Health Informatics. In: Richards B, ed. Current perspectives in Healthcare Computing. Weybridge: BJCH Books, 1998;189-199.
- Tench CM, Clunie GPR, Dacre JE, Peacock A. An insight into rheumatology resources available on the World Wide Web. British Journal of Rheumatology 1998;37:1233-1236.
- Murphy J, Peacock A, Ingram D, Stramer K. Building an Internet Site to Support Education and Training in Health Informatics. 1997;(Abstract)
- Murphy J, Stramer K, Peacock A. Building an Internet Resource to Support Curriculum Development in Health Informatics. In: Sither A, ed. Learning Technology in Medical Education Conference. 1997;31-36.
- Digital Video: What, When, Why? - CTI Centre for Medicine, 18-20 September 1995
- The Medical Humanities Resource Database
- The UCL Electronic Curriculum Map project (ECM)
- Gateway to Health Informatics For Teaching (GHIFT)
- UCL Clinical Research network
- The Wellcome Trust Tropical Medical Resource - Programmer, Database development
- The Anatomy Project
- Marie Curie Cancer Care - Authoring Programmer
- National Medical Slide Bank - Database Development
Postal address and contact information
Centre for Health Informatics & Multiprofessional Education
Royal Free & University College Medical School
University College London
4th Floor, Holborn Union Building
The Archway Campus
Fax: 020-7288-3322 (Please mark FAO: Anthony Peacock)
E-mail: A.Peacock [at] ucl.ac.uk