- Recruitment: Teaching Fellow
- 25 June: Taught Graduate Programmes Open Evening and Data Science Programme Launch
- Publication: Cognitive workload changes for nurses transitioning from a legacy system with paper documentation to a commercial electronic health record
- UCL CHIME Alumus Wins Best Journal Article Prize
- Publication: Supporting thinking on sample sizes for thematic analyses: a quantitative tool
- March 2015 Health Informatics Short Courses Open for Booking
- Publication: Who edits Wikipedia on health, and what motivates them to do it?
- CHIME Hosts Kazakh Government Delegation
- Publication: The design of a survey questionnaire to measure perceptions and behaviour during an influenza pandemic: the Flu TElephone Survey Template (FluTEST)
- NHS Health Informatics Trainees Conference and Networking Event
- Health & Medical Sciences January Intake Open for Applications
- Publication: A short generic patient experience measure: howRwe development and validation.
- UCL Announces New Fast-Track Postgraduate Diploma and MSc in Health Informatics
- UCL CHIME Reappointed to Train Future NHS Informatics Managers
- UCL hosts HL7 UK Summer School
- New Qualification: Health & Medical Sciences (Quality, Information & Safety)
- Publication: Primary total knee replacement as an example of predicting length of stay from electronic patient record system data
- January Intake Approved for Graduate Programme in Health & Medical Sciences (HMS)
- BMJ Editorial: Caldicott 2 and Patient Data
- "Patient Safety, Law Policy and Practice" Published in Paperback
- UCL Joins the European Connected Health Alliance
- UCL CHIME is Early Contributor to New Health Informatics Online Resource
- Professor Dipak Kalra takes up Presidency of the EuroRec Institute
- 2012 European Summit on Trustworthy Reuse of Health Data – plenary sessions now available on YouTube
- "Patient Safety, Law Policy and Practice"
- Ethnicity and academic performance in medicine
- Uptake of flu vaccine among healthcare workers
- Open Source, Open Standards, and Health Care Information Systems
- howRU, a new short generic measure of health status
- Dr Don E. Detmer honoured by American Medical Informatics Association (AMIA)
- Public 'reassured' by swine flu media coverage
- Key NHS IT Programmes – UCL report
- UKHIT online - Computers and the Internet
- Group membership and staff turnover affect outcomes in group CBT for persistent pain
- Electronic patient records are not a panacea
- Using computerised CBT to prevent mental health problems: a systematic review and a case study of Xanthis
- New Students Begin UCL Postgraduate Programme in Health Informatics
- CHIME researcher contributes to new book
New Students Begin UCL Postgraduate Programme in Health Informatics
12 October 2009
academic year 2009-10 began in earnest on Friday October 2nd when no
less than thirty new students on the health informatics programme
arrived at UCL's Archway Campus to begin their induction programme.
Induction, like the modular Postgraduate Programme itself, is a blend of face-to-face and online learning, and the new students, including a large group from the new health informatics stream of the NHS Graduate Management Training Scheme, were treated to a variety of experiences designed to stimulate and prepare them for the years of study ahead. These ranged from meeting the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) for the first time, to keynote lectures and panel discussions involving CHIME staff and visiting nationally and internationally renowned experts in the field.
As the students left the Campus on Monday October 5th, after a hard day's work, the next phase of their induction programme was beginning, as the first of three weeks of online activities became available in the VLE. In a few weeks, the students will be back at UCL for the face-to-face component of their first module - Principles of Health Informatics - which, like all UCL CHIME taught modules, is also available as continuing education for those who want to study without committing to a full academic programme.
Page last modified on 14 mar 11 15:28