The Chemistry Department at UCL is the oldest in
England, and today is one of the best in the UK. We are in the heart of London and offer an exciting
and vibrant environment in which to study in one of the UK's and the World's top
We offer an excellent education with high standards of
teaching in an exciting but friendly environment. We foster a community feel to the department at all times and you will mix throughout your time here with staff, postgraduate students
- We have a relatively small undergraduate intake of about 100 students per year whilst we have over 50 staff: a very low student/staff ratio.
- Contact hours are high including three tutorials a week in the key first and second years.
- The MSci course research project accounts for half of your study in the final year.
Opportunities to combine your studies in chemistry with interests in other fields, through:
- optional courses in each year of study
- structured Chemistry with... programmes in Maths and in Management
- specialised programmes in Medicinal Chemistry and Chemical Physics
Browse the course structures here.