Professor Robin Ganellin FRS
Emeritus Professor of Medicinal Chemistry
Professor Robin Ganellin
Address: Department of Chemistry, UCL
Phone No: +44 (0)20 7679 4624
Fax No: +44 (0)20 7679 7463
Research areas of interest include:
- Drug Design
- Structure-Activity Analysis
Professor Ganellin is no longer supervising postgraduate students or postdoctoral associates.
Our research is focused on the design of novel biologically active compounds as prototype drugs. In this we are involved in the synthesis of new compounds and in studying relationships between chemical structure and biological activity. We collaborate with biologists from other research groups who carry out the biological testing.
- N. Pelloux-Léon, A. Fkyerat, A. Piripitsi, W. Tertiuk, W. Schunack, H. Stark, M. Garbarg, X. Ligneau, J.-M. Arrang, J.-C. Schwartz and C. R. Ganellin. Meta-Substituted Aryl(thio)ethers as Potent Partial Agonists (or Antagonists) for the Histamine H3 Receptor Lacking a Nitrogen Atom in the Side Chain. J. Med. Chem. 2004, 47, 3264-3274.
- C.R. Ganellin, F. Leurquin, A. Piripitsi, J-M. Arrang, M. Garbarg, X. Ligneau, W. Schunack and J-C. Schwartz. Synthesis of Potent Non-imidazole Histamine H3-Receptor Antagonists. Arch. Pharm. Pharm. Med. Chem. 1998, 331, 395-404.
- C. R. Ganellin, P. B. Bishop, R. B. Bambal, S. M.T.Chan, B. Leblond, A. N.J. Moore, L. Zhao, P. Bourgeat, C. Rose, F. Vargas, J.-C. Schwartz. Inhibitors of Tripeptidyl Peptidase II. 3. Derivation of Butabindide by Successive Structure Optimizations Leading to a Potential General Approach to Designing Exopeptidase Inhibitors. J. Med. Chem. 2005, 48, 7333-7342.
- P.A. Zunszain, C. Federico, M. Sechi, S. Al-Damluji and C.R. Ganellin. Search for the Pharmacophore in Prazosin for Transport-P. Bioorg. Med. Chem. 2005, 13, 3681-3689.
- J. Fischer and C.R. Ganellin, Analogue-Based Drug Discovery. Wiley-VCH, Weinheim, 2006.