Department of Chemical Engineering
Songsong Liu's Webpage
Phone: +44 (0)20 7679 3836
Department of Chemical Engineering
University College London
London WC1E 7JE
Songsong Liu received his BSc degree in Information and Computing Science and MSc degree in Mathematics both from Tsinghua University, China, in 2004 and 2006, respectively. After a short work experience in Beijing, China, he came to the UK and started his PhD at UCL in 2007, with his research focus on the supply chain management and computer aided process engineering.
Title: Supply chain management for the process industry
Supervisors: Dr Lazaros Papageorgiou
Songsong Liu's research work focuses on the development and application of optimisation models for the supply chain optimisation problems in the process industry. The main problems in his research include production planning and scheduling, supply chain planning, integrated water resources management etc.
In the production planning and scheduling, the research aims to find the optimal solution for the medium-term planning and short-term scheduling of multiproduct continuous/batch plants with sequence dependent changeovers. The work on supply chain planning aims to optimise a global supply chain with multiple criteria for a global agribusiness company. The integrated water resources management is to find an optimal integrated management of the production, distribution and storage of desalinated water, reclaimed water, and treated waste-water for insular water deficient areas.
- Liu, S., Pinto, J.M., and Papageorgiou, L.G. (2010) Single-stage scheduling of multiproduct batch plants: An edible-oil deodorizer case study. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, 49, 8657-8669.
- Liu, S., Pinto, J.M., and Papageorgiou, L.G. (2010) MILP-based approaches for medium-term planning of single-stage continuous multiproduct plants with parallel units. Computational Management Science, 7, 407-435.
- Liu, S., Gikas, P., and Papageorgiou, L.G. (2010) An optimisation-based approach for integrated water resources management. In: Pierucci, S., and Buzzi Ferraris, G. (eds.) 20th European Symposium on Computer Aided Process Engineering (ESCAPE-20). Computer Aided Chemical Engineering, 28. Amsterdam, Elsevier Science. pp. 1075-1080.
- Gikas, P., Liu, S., and Papageorgiou, L.G. (2009) Optimisation of water resources management for insular and geographically isolated areas. In: Kungolos, A., Aravossis, K., Karagiannidis, A., and Samaras, P. (eds.) Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Environmental Management, Engineering, Planning and Economics (CEMEPE) & SECOTOX Conference, Mykonos. Thessaloniki, Grafima. pp. 1625-1630.
- Liu, S., Pinto, J.M., and Papageorgiou, L.G. (2009) Medium-term planning of multistage multiproduct continuous plants using mixed integer optimisation. In: Jeowski, J. and Thullie, J. (eds.) 19th European Symposium on Computer Aided Process Engineering (ESCAPE-19). Computer Aided Chemical Engineering, 26. Amsterdam, Elsevier Science. pp. 393-398.
- Liu, S., Pinto, J.M., and Papageorgiou, L.G. (2008) A TSP-based MILP model for medium-term planning of single-stage continuous multiproduct plants. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, 47, 7733-7743.
Royal Academy of Engineering International Travel Grant, 2010
UCL Graduate School Student Conference Fund Major Award, 2009, 2010
Overseas Research Students (ORS) Award by the UK Government, 2007-2010
Page last modified on 15 sep 11 09:43