- 5M£ EPSRC "Frontier Engineering Award" for UCL Centre for Nature Inspired Engineering
- EPSRC grant success for Chemical Engineering Professor Asterios Gavriilidis and Dr. Simon Kuhn
- Grant award success for Dr. Paola Lettieri (PI) for a project on "Carbon capture and storage for small scale gas fired combined heat and power schemes"
- “Controlling a Spillover Pathway with the Molecular Cork Effect” co-authored by Dr Stamatakis published by Nature Materials
- IChemE 2013 medal winners announced
- Dr Simon Kuhn awarded the EPSRC First Grant (£99k) on "Process Intensification Using an Advanced Flow Reactor"
- Dr Paola Lettieri attends award ceremony for the Queen Elizabeth Prize for Engineering at Buckingham Palace
- £2.95M funding for UCL in Grid Scale Energy Storage
- "Facet engineered Ag3PO4 for efficient water photooxidation” by J. Tang Group published in Energy & Environmental Science
- Engineers Without Borders’ successful trip to Kenya
- Dr Stamatakis recognized as a Top Reviewer of CACE
- Chemical Engineering Cocktail Party 2013
- Professor Marc-Olivier Coppens at Bloomsbury Festival
- Catalysis Kinetic Monte Carlo Package "Zacros" Released by Dr Stamatakis's Group
- Professor Bruce Hanson joins Chemical Engineering as Honorary Professor to strengthen nuclear fuel cycle research and teaching
- Chemical Engineers climb pay table
- Harry Michalakakis wins award at the National Student Challenge 2013
- Electrochemical Innovation Lab website goes live
- Congratulations to Professor Haroun Mahgerefteh awarded an Eminent Scholar Program grant.
- The Royal Academy of Engineering/The Leverhulme Trust Senior Research Fellowship awarded to Dr Lettieri
- MSc Summer School, 10-11 June 2014
- MSc Bursaries
- ChemEng Day April 2014
- Department of Chemical Engineering achieves Athena SWAN Silver Award
- Year in Industry Vacancy with Centrica
- 2013/14 Undergraduate prizes
- UCell – Powering Green Man festival with hydrogen
- The Department of Chemical Engineering regrets to announce that Professor Alan Jones, Head of Department 2003 - 2012 has passed away
Dr Paola Lettieri attends award ceremony for the Queen Elizabeth Prize for Engineering at Buckingham Palace
12 July 2013
On 25th June 2013 Dr Paola Lettieri attended the awards ceremony for the Queen Elizabeth Prize for Engineering, held at Buckingham Palace. She was invited by the Royal Academy of Engineering as part of a selected panel of scientists, as a former Royal Academy Research Fellow. Dr Lettieri was the first woman engineer to be awarded a RAEng Research Fellowship in 2000.
The event at Buckingham Palace follows the launch event for the Queen Elizabeth Prize held in the Science Museum on 17th November 2011 which was attended by the Prime Minister David Cameron, his Deputy Nick Clegg and the Labour party leader Ed Milliband. Subsequently Dr Lettieri was invited by the Royal Academy of Engineering to be part of a focus group to discuss the Queen Elizabeth Prize and potential nominations for that prize. She then attended the prize announcement event held at the Royal Academy of Engineering event on 18th March 2013, where she met HRH the Princess Royal.
The link to the Queen’s speech given at the Ceremony for the Queen Elizabeth Prize for Engineering held at Buckingham Palace is below:
Page last modified on 12 jul 13 10:15