- Department of Chemical Engineering achieves Athena SWAN Silver Award
- Year in Industry Vacancy with Centrica
- 2013/14 Undergraduate prizes
- UCell – Powering Green Man festival with hydrogen
- The Department of Chemical Engineering regrets to announce that Professor Alan Jones, Head of Department 2003 - 2012 has passed away
- MNF2014 Conference, 7-10 September
- "Challenges in the energy industries" - talk by Edward Daniels (Executive Vice President Commercial and New Business Development at Shell)
- Industrial placements with DAI
- The Centre for Nature Inspired Engineering Launch and Symposium
- Electrochemical Innovation Lab accepted into the European Graphene Flagship consortium
- Dr Paul Shearing wins the 2014 Young Chemical Engineer of the Year in Academia
- Dr Federico Galvanin wins the 2014 PSE Model-Based Innovation Prize
- Functional Materials research gets £20 million boost from EPSRC
- Professor Sorensen awarded the prestigious PROSE award 2015
- EIL Wins Prestigious Climate KIC Accelerator Award
UCell – Powering Green Man festival with hydrogen
22 August 2014
UCell are a team of PhD students, lecturers and industrial partners working on electricity production from hydrogen. Our aim is to demonstrate the real potential of alternative energies by providing fuel cell generated electricity to events, along with public engagement and demonstrations to inform and educate about fuel cells and energy technologies in general.
We recently offered renewable mobile phone charging at Glastonbury and this weekend we will be returning to Green Man festival where we have powered the onmi tent in Einstein’s Garden for the past three years.
This year we will be showcasing a new, more powerful, system and offering demonstrations on solar power, electrolysers and fuel cells in order to inform the public about the possibilities of renewable electricity generation.
To keep up with all the goings on at Green Man, follow UCell on twitter @UCellFC or like our page on facebook . More information about our other projects, along with photos and videos, can be found on our website.
Page last modified on 22 aug 14 14:44