- Department of Chemical Engineering achieves Athena SWAN Silver Award
- Year in Industry Vacancy with Centrica
- 2013/14 Undergraduate prizes
- UCell – Powering Green Man festival with hydrogen
- The Department of Chemical Engineering regrets to announce that Professor Alan Jones, Head of Department 2003 - 2012 has passed away
- MNF2014 Conference, 7-10 September
- "Challenges in the energy industries" - talk by Edward Daniels (Executive Vice President Commercial and New Business Development at Shell)
- Industrial placements with DAI
- The Centre for Nature Inspired Engineering Launch and Symposium
- Electrochemical Innovation Lab accepted into the European Graphene Flagship consortium
- Dr Paul Shearing wins the 2014 Young Chemical Engineer of the Year in Academia
- Dr Federico Galvanin wins the 2014 PSE Model-Based Innovation Prize
- Functional Materials research gets £20 million boost from EPSRC
Department of Chemical Engineering achieves Athena SWAN Silver Award
12 May 2014
We are pleased to announce that the Department of Chemical Engineering has achieved an Athena SWAN Silver Award.
Athena SWAN Awards recognise success in developing employment practices to further and support the careers of women in science, technology, engineering, maths and medicine (STEMM) departments in academia. The charter helps advance women’s careers and promotes the positive impact of changing the culture and attitudes within institutions.
The Award reflects how seriously the Department takes it responsibility in encouraging women into the field and promoting their professional development into future leaders and shapers. We are delighted to receive the Award and congratulate every member of the Department for making it such a progressive, supportive and fun place to work and study in.
Page last modified on 12 may 14 09:28