- Paul Shearing - Most Cited Author
- Dr. Eva Sorensen awarded the ExxonMobil Excellence in Teaching Award
- Dr. Paola Lettieri’s article - one of the most cited
- Chemical Engineering triumphs in the UCL Inter-Departmental Football Tournament
- Chemical Engineering awarded ChemEngDayUK 2013 poster prizes
- Leon Brown wins ‘Focus on the Positives’ competition
- 5M£ EPSRC "Frontier Engineering Award" for UCL Centre for Nature Inspired Engineering
- EPSRC grant success for Chemical Engineering Professor Asterios Gavriilidis and Dr. Simon Kuhn
- Grant award success for Dr. Paola Lettieri (PI) for a project on "Carbon capture and storage for small scale gas fired combined heat and power schemes"
- “Controlling a Spillover Pathway with the Molecular Cork Effect” co-authored by Dr Stamatakis published by Nature Materials
- IChemE 2013 medal winners announced
- Dr Simon Kuhn awarded the EPSRC First Grant (£99k) on "Process Intensification Using an Advanced Flow Reactor"
- Dr Paola Lettieri attends award ceremony for the Queen Elizabeth Prize for Engineering at Buckingham Palace
- £2.95M funding for UCL in Grid Scale Energy Storage
- "Facet engineered Ag3PO4 for efficient water photooxidation” by J. Tang Group published in Energy & Environmental Science
- Engineers Without Borders’ successful trip to Kenya
- Dr Stamatakis recognized as a Top Reviewer of CACE
- Chemical Engineering Cocktail Party 2013
- Professor Marc-Olivier Coppens at Bloomsbury Festival
- Catalysis Kinetic Monte Carlo Package "Zacros" Released by Dr Stamatakis's Group
- Professor Bruce Hanson joins Chemical Engineering as Honorary Professor to strengthen nuclear fuel cycle research and teaching
- Chemical Engineers climb pay table
- Harry Michalakakis wins award at the National Student Challenge 2013
- Electrochemical Innovation Lab website goes live
Professor Bruce Hanson joins Chemical Engineering as Honorary Professor to strengthen nuclear fuel cycle research and teaching
8 November 2013
We are delighted to announce that Professor Bruce Hanson (University of Leeds) has joined the Department of Chemical Engineering at UCL as an Honorary Professor.
Professor Hanson is an internationally leading expert on the nuclear fuel cycle, waste management & decommissioning. Prior to joining the School of Process, Environmental and Materials Engineering at the University of Leeds, Bruce enjoyed a high level career at the National Nuclear Laboratory (NNL) from where he brings a wealth of experience in research and strategy to his academic role.
Professor Hanson joins the Department of Chemical Engineering to strengthen our growing nuclear programme which includes work by Professor Angeli, Dr Shearing, Professor Simons and Dr Brett on methods of separating and refining spent nuclear fuel, Dr Lettieri on life cycle assessment and Professor Fraga on modelling the nuclear fuel cycle.
Page last modified on 08 nov 13 17:38