- 5M£ EPSRC "Frontier Engineering Award" for UCL Centre for Nature Inspired Engineering
- EPSRC grant success for Chemical Engineering Professor Asterios Gavriilidis and Dr. Simon Kuhn
- Grant award success for Dr. Paola Lettieri (PI) for a project on "Carbon capture and storage for small scale gas fired combined heat and power schemes"
- “Controlling a Spillover Pathway with the Molecular Cork Effect” co-authored by Dr Stamatakis published by Nature Materials
- IChemE 2013 medal winners announced
- Dr Simon Kuhn awarded the EPSRC First Grant (£99k) on "Process Intensification Using an Advanced Flow Reactor"
- Dr Paola Lettieri attends award ceremony for the Queen Elizabeth Prize for Engineering at Buckingham Palace
- £2.95M funding for UCL in Grid Scale Energy Storage
- "Facet engineered Ag3PO4 for efficient water photooxidation” by J. Tang Group published in Energy & Environmental Science
- Engineers Without Borders’ successful trip to Kenya
- Dr Stamatakis recognized as a Top Reviewer of CACE
- Chemical Engineering Cocktail Party 2013
- Professor Marc-Olivier Coppens at Bloomsbury Festival
- Catalysis Kinetic Monte Carlo Package "Zacros" Released by Dr Stamatakis's Group
- Professor Bruce Hanson joins Chemical Engineering as Honorary Professor to strengthen nuclear fuel cycle research and teaching
- Chemical Engineers climb pay table
- Harry Michalakakis wins award at the National Student Challenge 2013
- Electrochemical Innovation Lab website goes live
- Congratulations to Professor Haroun Mahgerefteh awarded an Eminent Scholar Program grant.
- The Royal Academy of Engineering/The Leverhulme Trust Senior Research Fellowship awarded to Dr Lettieri
- MSc Summer School, 10-11 June 2014
- MSc Bursaries
- ChemEng Day April 2014
- Department of Chemical Engineering achieves Athena SWAN Silver Award
- Year in Industry Vacancy with Centrica
- 2013/14 Undergraduate prizes
- UCell – Powering Green Man festival with hydrogen
- The Department of Chemical Engineering regrets to announce that Professor Alan Jones, Head of Department 2003 - 2012 has passed away
Chemical Engineering Cocktail Party 2013
14 October 2013
This year’s chemical engineering cocktail party held for the second time by UCL’s Chemical Engineering Ramsay Society turned out to be quite literally an ice-breaking event. With a turnout of almost 350 people the night was the biggest one held so far by Ramsay Society and a huge success! With the majority of attendees from the chemical engineering department itself, this year’s cocktail party extended also to including the Biochemical Crooks Society, the Green Economy Society and even some people from different universities.
Exxon Mobil, the event kicked forward in UCL’s Lower Refectory with dance music
and a full bartending team. With plenty of freshers and chemengers from older
year groups, most of the first years were able to meet new people and ask older
students of their experiences so far in UCL. The event turned out to be an excellent night to break the ice and one
that a lot of the first year students will certainly remember.
A huge thank you to Exxon Mobil and our department for supporting and helping us with the event, it would have not been able to take place without them!
Page last modified on 14 oct 13 14:40