- 5M£ EPSRC "Frontier Engineering Award" for UCL Centre for Nature Inspired Engineering
- EPSRC grant success for Chemical Engineering Professor Asterios Gavriilidis and Dr. Simon Kuhn
- Grant award success for Dr. Paola Lettieri (PI) for a project on "Carbon capture and storage for small scale gas fired combined heat and power schemes"
- “Controlling a Spillover Pathway with the Molecular Cork Effect” co-authored by Dr Stamatakis published by Nature Materials
- IChemE 2013 medal winners announced
- Dr Simon Kuhn awarded the EPSRC First Grant (£99k) on "Process Intensification Using an Advanced Flow Reactor"
- Dr Paola Lettieri attends award ceremony for the Queen Elizabeth Prize for Engineering at Buckingham Palace
- £2.95M funding for UCL in Grid Scale Energy Storage
- "Facet engineered Ag3PO4 for efficient water photooxidation” by J. Tang Group published in Energy & Environmental Science
- Engineers Without Borders’ successful trip to Kenya
- Dr Stamatakis recognized as a Top Reviewer of CACE
- Chemical Engineering Cocktail Party 2013
- Professor Marc-Olivier Coppens at Bloomsbury Festival
- Catalysis Kinetic Monte Carlo Package "Zacros" Released by Dr Stamatakis's Group
- Professor Bruce Hanson joins Chemical Engineering as Honorary Professor to strengthen nuclear fuel cycle research and teaching
- Chemical Engineers climb pay table
- Harry Michalakakis wins award at the National Student Challenge 2013
- Electrochemical Innovation Lab website goes live
- Congratulations to Professor Haroun Mahgerefteh awarded an Eminent Scholar Program grant.
- The Royal Academy of Engineering/The Leverhulme Trust Senior Research Fellowship awarded to Dr Lettieri
- MSc Summer School, 10-11 June 2014
- MSc Bursaries
- ChemEng Day April 2014
- Department of Chemical Engineering achieves Athena SWAN Silver Award
- Year in Industry Vacancy with Centrica
- 2013/14 Undergraduate prizes
- UCell – Powering Green Man festival with hydrogen
- The Department of Chemical Engineering regrets to announce that Professor Alan Jones, Head of Department 2003 - 2012 has passed away
Dr Simon Kuhn awarded the EPSRC First Grant (£99k) on "Process Intensification Using an Advanced Flow Reactor"
18 June 2013
Together with the project partner Corning, this proposal
aims to characterize interfacial transport processes and their physical driving
mechanisms on the milli-scale in multiphase flow reactors (e.g. Corning AFR).
This is accomplished by the experimental characterization of heat and mass
transfer using non-invasive, laser-optical measurement techniques.
The obtained results will reveal the physics of fluid-structure interactions leading to enhanced transport processes on the milli-scale, and will thus directly impact the efforts in process intensification, efficient scale-up of microsystems, and sustainable advanced manufacturing by providing guidelines for the design of flow reactors.
Page last modified on 18 jun 13 15:52