- 5M£ EPSRC "Frontier Engineering Award" for UCL Centre for Nature Inspired Engineering
- EPSRC grant success for Chemical Engineering Professor Asterios Gavriilidis and Dr. Simon Kuhn
- Grant award success for Dr. Paola Lettieri (PI) for a project on "Carbon capture and storage for small scale gas fired combined heat and power schemes"
- “Controlling a Spillover Pathway with the Molecular Cork Effect” co-authored by Dr Stamatakis published by Nature Materials
- IChemE 2013 medal winners announced
- Dr Simon Kuhn awarded the EPSRC First Grant (£99k) on "Process Intensification Using an Advanced Flow Reactor"
- Dr Paola Lettieri attends award ceremony for the Queen Elizabeth Prize for Engineering at Buckingham Palace
- £2.95M funding for UCL in Grid Scale Energy Storage
- "Facet engineered Ag3PO4 for efficient water photooxidation” by J. Tang Group published in Energy & Environmental Science
- Engineers Without Borders’ successful trip to Kenya
- Dr Stamatakis recognized as a Top Reviewer of CACE
- Chemical Engineering Cocktail Party 2013
- Professor Marc-Olivier Coppens at Bloomsbury Festival
- Catalysis Kinetic Monte Carlo Package "Zacros" Released by Dr Stamatakis's Group
- Professor Bruce Hanson joins Chemical Engineering as Honorary Professor to strengthen nuclear fuel cycle research and teaching
- Chemical Engineers climb pay table
- Harry Michalakakis wins award at the National Student Challenge 2013
- Electrochemical Innovation Lab website goes live
- Congratulations to Professor Haroun Mahgerefteh awarded an Eminent Scholar Program grant.
- The Royal Academy of Engineering/The Leverhulme Trust Senior Research Fellowship awarded to Dr Lettieri
- MSc Summer School, 10-11 June 2014
- MSc Bursaries
- ChemEng Day April 2014
- Department of Chemical Engineering achieves Athena SWAN Silver Award
- Year in Industry Vacancy with Centrica
- 2013/14 Undergraduate prizes
- The Department of Chemical Engineering regrets to announce that Professor Alan Jones, Head of Department 2003 - 2012 has passed away
IChemE 2013 medal winners announced
7 June 2013
The IChemE 2013 medal winners for excellence in research, service and achievements were announced at the IChemE Annual General meeting held on 30 April 2013. We have received two medals in the department, details as follows:
Junior Moulton Medal: most meritorious paper published by IChemE by an author graduated within the last ten years to:
Chandni Patel (UCL PhD student) for her contribution with Paola Lettieri and Antonino Germanà to "Techno-economic performance analysis and environmental impact assessment of small-to-medium SRF combustion plants for energy production in the UK", published in Process Safety and Environmental Protection, May 2012.
Hutchinson medal: practical, philosophical to thought-provoking papers in an IChemE publication to:
Nilay Shah (IC), Songsong Liu (UCL), Rui Tavares de Sousa (IC) and Lazaros Papageorgiou (UCL). For their paper on “Global supply chain planning for pharmaceuticals” published in Chemical Engineering Research and Design, November 2011.
Page last modified on 07 jun 13 09:27