- 5M£ EPSRC "Frontier Engineering Award" for UCL Centre for Nature Inspired Engineering
- EPSRC grant success for Chemical Engineering Professor Asterios Gavriilidis and Dr. Simon Kuhn
- Grant award success for Dr. Paola Lettieri (PI) for a project on "Carbon capture and storage for small scale gas fired combined heat and power schemes"
- “Controlling a Spillover Pathway with the Molecular Cork Effect” co-authored by Dr Stamatakis published by Nature Materials
- IChemE 2013 medal winners announced
- Dr Simon Kuhn awarded the EPSRC First Grant (£99k) on "Process Intensification Using an Advanced Flow Reactor"
- Dr Paola Lettieri attends award ceremony for the Queen Elizabeth Prize for Engineering at Buckingham Palace
- £2.95M funding for UCL in Grid Scale Energy Storage
- "Facet engineered Ag3PO4 for efficient water photooxidation” by J. Tang Group published in Energy & Environmental Science
- Engineers Without Borders’ successful trip to Kenya
- Dr Stamatakis recognized as a Top Reviewer of CACE
- Chemical Engineering Cocktail Party 2013
- Professor Marc-Olivier Coppens at Bloomsbury Festival
- Catalysis Kinetic Monte Carlo Package "Zacros" Released by Dr Stamatakis's Group
- Professor Bruce Hanson joins Chemical Engineering as Honorary Professor to strengthen nuclear fuel cycle research and teaching
- Chemical Engineers climb pay table
- Harry Michalakakis wins award at the National Student Challenge 2013
- Electrochemical Innovation Lab website goes live
- Congratulations to Professor Haroun Mahgerefteh awarded an Eminent Scholar Program grant.
- The Royal Academy of Engineering/The Leverhulme Trust Senior Research Fellowship awarded to Dr Lettieri
- MSc Summer School, 10-11 June 2014
- MSc Bursaries
- ChemEng Day April 2014
- Department of Chemical Engineering achieves Athena SWAN Silver Award
- Year in Industry Vacancy with Centrica
- 2013/14 Undergraduate prizes
- UCell – Powering Green Man festival with hydrogen
- The Department of Chemical Engineering regrets to announce that Professor Alan Jones, Head of Department 2003 - 2012 has passed away
Grant award success for Dr. Paola Lettieri (PI) for a project on "Carbon capture and storage for small scale gas fired combined heat and power schemes"
3 June 2013
Dr. Paola Lettieri (UCL PI), Dr. Dan Brett and Dr. Lazaros Papageorgiou have won a $240k grant from QNRF for a project on "Carbon capture and storage for small scale gas fired combined heat and power schemes" which is a joint collaboration with GORD (Gulf Organization for Research & Development) and Hoare Lea, a consultancy company from Bristol.
The budget for UCL is $240k. This research proposal aims to investigate an innovative scalable electrochemical process (CWx) designed to capture CO2 (and other gases), using locally available seawater based with potential to integrate into a variety of industrial, buildings, energy and petrochemical applications.
The main objective of the project is to demonstrate the technical economic & environmental feasibility of a novel integrated carbon capture system to enable subsequent large-scale demonstration projects. Using a combination of Life Cycle Analysis and Optimization methods, the work will advance knowledge in the use of the technology and address key barriers to its widespread deployment. The carbon water Exchange technology offers a potentially cost effective carbon capture approach that offers wider environmental benefits. It can be applied to any combustion process whether in the built environment, process engineering, industry or petrochemicals.
Page last modified on 31 may 13 17:46