- Meet our new Head of Department
- Paul Shearing - Most Cited Author
- Dr. Eva Sorensen awarded the ExxonMobil Excellence in Teaching Award
- Dr. Paola Lettieri’s article - one of the most cited
- Chemical Engineering triumphs in the UCL Inter-Departmental Football Tournament
- Chemical Engineering awarded ChemEngDayUK 2013 poster prizes
- Leon Brown wins ‘Focus on the Positives’ competition
- 5M£ EPSRC "Frontier Engineering Award" for UCL Centre for Nature Inspired Engineering
- EPSRC grant success for Chemical Engineering Professor Asterios Gavriilidis and Dr. Simon Kuhn
- Grant award success for Dr. Paola Lettieri (PI) for a project on "Carbon capture and storage for small scale gas fired combined heat and power schemes"
- “Controlling a Spillover Pathway with the Molecular Cork Effect” co-authored by Dr Stamatakis published by Nature Materials
- IChemE 2013 medal winners announced
- Dr Simon Kuhn awarded the EPSRC First Grant (£99k) on "Process Intensification Using an Advanced Flow Reactor"
- Dr Paola Lettieri attends award ceremony for the Queen Elizabeth Prize for Engineering at Buckingham Palace
- £2.95M funding for UCL in Grid Scale Energy Storage
- "Facet engineered Ag3PO4 for efficient water photooxidation” by J. Tang Group published in Energy & Environmental Science
- Engineers Without Borders’ successful trip to Kenya
- Dr Stamatakis recognized as a Top Reviewer of CACE
- Chemical Engineering Cocktail Party 2013
- Professor Marc-Olivier Coppens at Bloomsbury Festival
- Catalysis Kinetic Monte Carlo Package "Zacros" Released by Dr Stamatakis's Group
- Professor Bruce Hanson joins Chemical Engineering as Honorary Professor to strengthen nuclear fuel cycle research and teaching
- Chemical Engineers climb pay table
- Jacobs Engineering – Careers Presentation
Chemical Engineering triumphs in the UCL Inter-Departmental Football Tournament
22 March 2013
Following the success of last year’s Engineering League, set up by our own Ibrahim El-Habbal, Mario Johnson (2012-13 Ramsay Society Sports Secretary) extended this to a larger UCL-wide football tournament.
Entries were accepted during Term 1 and the games took place in Term 2. A total of 32 teams entered from various departments including Biochemical Engineering; Biosciences; Civil, Environmental and Geomatic Engineering; Computer Science; Economics; Maths; Management Science and Innovation; Medical Physics; Mechanical Engineering; Physics; Space and Climate Physics and more. The tournament featured 4 rounds and, very deservedly of course, ended with the Chemical Engineering team winning the tournament and the trophy. Well done, guys!
Page last modified on 22 mar 13 14:09